Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm still waiting on a refresher course, training takes ages to get booked in.
    I'd be interested to know if your smardt units over there are the same as the ones manufactured here in Australia.

Will they even respond to calls or email? Next time I go to job Ill get some pictures and post. Maybe you can spot some differences from the aussie models. It is not running very well due to water flows too low and cooling tower problems.
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

I d onot have that problem with smardt, but I know who to email if needed, and usually hear right back, within reason. if you are going through secretaries, that seems to be a common complaint.

We are trying to get movement by going through the Smardt distributer in our area, but still no news.

check your email.

multistack

im a control tech and ive seen about 5 multistacks in the phx az area i also know there are quite a few in tucson

Quote Originally Posted by sargent york View Post
    We are national retrofit contractor for Multistack, myself and 3 more of my crew are trained to service. The Multistack organization really impressed us. We also have a customer that has a Smardt chiller that wants us to service after warranty is over, so im going to Montreal to get training. These chillers are the future direction of the market. I will look into ArtiChill also.

Wow, I wouldn't have ever believed someone said Multistack impressed them, I guess I have now heard everything.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Junk, if this is the future of the industry, we are doomed.
    And yes we have a few in our area so I am taking experience.

S Mech, what problems are you seeing with them? Seems most aren't finding much wrong.

A few ruptured evaps.

Apparently I'm not the only one, since Smardt, Multistack are selling all they can make of them at premium prices! Turbocor Compressors largest selling in world. I personally perfer R11 PCV, DHs and YTs. Animals specialize, men adapt, The worm has turned and our company is on the turbocor train.

Yeah, tell that to one of my customers that is on his second chiller, which I have changed all the compressors, the evaporator, the recievers, the expansion valves etc , and he is still going to sue us because the thing sucks.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Interesting, is this a plate and frame or flooded chiller? Compressor failures result of heat exchangers failing? The only bad reports I've heard of were on retrofits gone bad. More details appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast