+ Reply to Thread

Thread: walk in rebuild

Post Likes

walk in rebuild

hey guys, ive got a kold locker by nor lake old walk in 8x8. old r12 system. compressor chatters on start up, not keeping temp (about -5 to 8*). appears to be low charge. i dont want to buy a tank of r12, or really deal with r12 at all. (this is my deer processors walk in). what would i need to replace the condensor, and evap so that it could be run on 404a or a similar refrigerant. model on the box is klf66-cl-26 serial is 91101798 ive never done a rebuild on a box, so i figured i had better ask you guys. thanks. KB

Post Likes
    I've converted a R22 freezer to MO99, replaced the TXV, compressor and the filter driers.

I've also converted a R409a cooler to a R404a, replaced the TXV, compressor, and filter driers.

Also flushed the old line set with the Rx11 flush before putting in the new equipment

Quote Originally Posted by superheat1 View Post
    hey guys, ive got a kold locker by nor lake old walk in 8x8. old r12 system. compressor chatters on start up, not keeping temp (about -5 to 8*). appears to be low charge. i dont want to buy a tank of r12, or really deal with r12 at all. (this is my deer processors walk in). what would i need to replace the condensor, and evap so that it could be run on 404a or a similar refrigerant. model on the box is klf66-cl-26 serial is 91101798 ive never done a rebuild on a box, so i figured i had better ask you guys. thanks. KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    i guess i worded my request wrong. i need links etc., for whole evaporators, or kits to change this from existing, to a 404a system. cutting out existing txv, is not something that looked like fun. currently its all compression fittings, and none of it is wrapped etc. if possible i would like to replace the entire evaporator with something newer. as i do very little refrigeration, im at a loss of where to shop for what i need.

Post Likes
    I had to cut out a compression TXV one of the systems and it wasn't fun, but it's cheaper than a whole evap and condensor replacement unless the customer wants to replace the system.

i guess i worded my request wrong. i need links etc., for whole evaporators, or kits to change this from existing, to a 404a system. cutting out existing txv, is not something that looked like fun. currently its all compression fittings, and none of it is wrapped etc. if possible i would like to replace the entire evaporator with something newer. as i do very little refrigeration, im at a loss of where to shop for what i need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The model of the box doesn't help. Give us the compressor model number and the evaporator model number.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    The model of the box doesn't help. Give us the compressor model number and the evaporator model number.
    Actually it may help yet.

That Norlake number says it's a 6 x 6, not an 8 x 8.

I suggest doing a load calc and select your own system instead of copying what's there...which is typically undersized in my book.

http://www.heatcraftrpd.com/products....aspx?&fid=959

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in