Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some good info on here guys, some bad advise also. If someone told me the interview was over, for whatever reason, it would be.
    I am a Service Manager for the company I work for. I have been in the field for 14 years. I would say "HONESTY is the best policy." When I interview someone, appearance, willingness to work, and confidence are some of the first things I look for.
    If you go to an interview and your clothes are wrinkled, hair a mess, haven't shaved, earrings on, tattoos blaring, odds are your not going to have a chance. In the same hand, a suite and tie would be over-kill.(yes earrings and tattoos are a downer at first glance. Give the interviewer a chance to get to know you before you hit them with that. I wear earrings and have tattoos down both arms but when meeting a possible employer for the first time, I covered my tats and took out my earrings. Ask that question sometime during the interview, most residential employers will not like the tattoos, but if you are honest about it and ask if tats and earrings are acceptable, you will be told what they want to see and don't want to see.)
    Let the interviewer know that you're ready to go to work, have the tools necessary to perform the work, and that learning is still job one. Ask any of the guys on this site and they will say that they don't know it all, and still have to ask for help on occasion, I know I do. The interviewer is a person too, they were probably in your shoes at one point. Treat them as you would an elder, good manners and such, and that will give the respect due.
    Honesty, Honesty, Honesty, if they ask specific questions, like; Can you replace a burnt out compressor by your self? or Can you work on VAV systems? or NOVAR? or EMS systems? TELL THE TRUTH!!! If you don't it will be obvious soon enough, and could lead to a pay decrease or termination. If you have experience with the stuff tell them what you do know, let them know that you are not afraid to ask for help. My rule of thumb(for myself) is, if I haven’t figured it out within about a half an hour, call someone.
    Also....don't be afraid to ask questions, about anything. Make a list of things you would like to know. i.e. What are the chances for advancement? How long has the company been in business? How often are reviews? Are there paid sick days? What holidays are paid? What kind of bennies do they offer?
    Hope this helps.
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

I prefer to hire young people out of school. They have the will and drive to learn what a good company needs from them. It also gives me a chance to train them the right way of doing things, before they learn all the bad habits. If your in CA your hired.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

thanks for all the input.

Thank you everyone for all the tips. I am going in full force this week after the holliday. I have to reach my Sept 21 deadline for finding work. (graduation day)... I am in the DFW area on the FW side. Enjoying all the rain we have had lately. I hope that good weather does not translate to a hard time getting hired though.

Hey analog, look up Nextech Central, located at 304 Acker St. Sanger, TX 76266 (940) 458-0070 They are a brother company of the one I work for. They just opened the doors this year and should be looking for a few good techs.
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

>>>>>>>>
    I prefer to hire young people out of school....
    If your in CA your hired.
    >>>>>>>>

DAMN!

i shouldn't have moved to Nevada.

"big money" out here , yeah right!

job

If in st. louis e-mail me resume for job opening at Express-scripts in HVAC/R.

Send to rsamsel@express-scripts.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12