Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7&q=dissidents

god bless the USA!! feels good to be here!!

Maybe time

to annex Cuba... and Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic....Heck the whole planet....

Well, let's start with Mexico and the Caribbean.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

In my short visit to Havannah, I got the impression that most Cubans accept the way it is there and just work the black market to get around the oppression.

The living conditions in the once oppulant buildings in Havannah is horrendous, but then again, these people are living on a paradise island. Its not like they need the shelter from the elements as much as harsher climates require. I am not condoning the conditions, just stating that it seemed that most Cubans seemed to work with what they had and seemed more happy then most Americans with much more are.

There is no solution to Cuba because in a way, there is no problem. Just as everywhere, there are those who don't like their living conditions and those who make the best of them. The ones that don't accept Cuban conditions do have a tougher time changing their lives then Americans do however.

I felt safer in Havannah then in any comparable American city. The Cuban people are by far a nicer all round group of people then Americans are. That will all change when we Americanize them.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

robopoop

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    In my short visit to Havannah, I got the impression that most Cubans accept the way it is there and just work the black market to get around the oppression.

The living conditions in the once oppulant buildings in Havannah is horrendous, but then again, these people are living on a paradise island. Its not like they need the shelter from the elements as much as harsher climates require. I am not condoning the conditions, just stating that it seemed that most Cubans seemed to work with what they had and seemed more happy then most Americans with much more are.

There is no solution to Cuba because in a way, there is no problem. Just as everywhere, there are those who don't like their living conditions and those who make the best of them. The ones that don't accept Cuban conditions do have a tougher time changing their lives then Americans do however.

I felt safer in Havannah then in any comparable American city. The Cuban people are by far a nicer all round group of people then Americans are. That will all change when we Americanize them.
    why dont you pack you bags and move there if you loved it so much? and please take all those crappy goodman units with you.

Actually, there were mostly Carrier units out of Mexico (I checked ) there. A lot of LGs and some Haier as well, but most of the big stuff was Carrier. Being made in the USA, Goodman would not be wanted in Cuba.

I did not state that I liked it, I did not. I simply don't see Cuba getting better in any way other then physical appearance after Fidel dies. His brother is just not as charasmatic as Fidel and is not even mentioned anywhere in Havannah. The only persons highlighted in Cuba are Fidel and Che....with a smattering of Michael Moore just to make the U.S. look stupid.

I for one was uncomfortable, being American. Again; there was no problems with the Cuban people who I found to be very nice. The problem of course is knowing that you could dissappear from the face of the earth simply because of what you believe in.

Still; many Cubans will change for the worse when democracy enters the country.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...365065016464&q

Leave to the libs to screw everything up.

What is your point on this thread hvacpoop? I thought you were trying to state something about Cuba, but now you are off on Chinese history. Just what are you trying to put across?

No point!! Robopoop, see what happened when the people loose their rights to big government, I guess we don’t think about it anymore now that the soviets are gone.

Originally posted by hvacpope
    No point!! Robopoop, see what happened when the people loose their rights to big government, I guess we don’t think about it anymore now that the soviets are gone.
    I think about it all of the time. I especially thought about it when I was in Havannah. I just couldn't see a viable solution that won't adversely affect the Cuban people.

The Chinese are very different. Their brand of Communism is quite extreme in comparrison. Also, the Chinese are already somewhat bigoted people who don't care much for anyone who is not Chinese. The Chinese would most likely be better people if exposed more to democratic ways of governing.

We can also take this away from Communism and get to the fascist governments in Africa as well. Again, you have people who are already well versed in hatred and corruption that may benefit from democracy. I just don't see democracy being a saving grace for the very friendly Cuban people. Just look at the arrogant, hateful Cubans in Florida. That is what happens when democracy gets hold of nice people.

Originally posted by hvacpope
    I think about it all of the time. I especially thought about it when I was in Havannah. I just couldn't see a viable solution that won't adversely affect the Cuban people.

The Chinese are very different. Their brand of Communism is quite extreme in comparrison. Also, the Chinese are already somewhat bigoted people who don't care much for anyone who is not Chinese. The Chinese would most likely be better people if exposed more to democratic ways of governing.

We can also take this away from Communism and get to the fascist governments in Africa as well. Again, you have people who are already well versed in hatred and corruption that may benefit from democracy. I just don't see democracy being a saving grace for the very friendly Cuban people. Just look at the arrogant, hateful Cubans in Florida. That is what happens when democracy gets hold of nice people.
    I’ been to Cuba more than once back in the 90’S, I saw misery and desperation, Havana is one of the dirties most polluted city in the world, prostitution was rampant, everyone is stealing from the government and everything had a price, I saw sadness in the peoples faces, hunger and fear, there was a police officer in every corner, Cubans were not allowed inside hotels and recreational center unless accompanied by foreigners. Bicycles and horse buggies were the most common methods of public transportation and communist pictures and consigns written everywhere.
    In the other hand the Cubans in Miami are enjoin the American dream, they control Florida’s political arena (why do you think Al Gore loss?) and you see them working as postal employees, construction, police, judges etc. they seem to be way happier than the ones I met in Communists Cuba.

Lol like meeting the pope is a joy in life. That should cheer them up

Originally posted by Carnak
    Really!

What poop is stating about Havannah itself is pretty accurate, and even some of the things about the people is accurate. I just don't see what the hell he is talking about with the alleged misery.

Yes; there was quite a bit of prostitution and just about anything was for sale. The difference that I found was the attitude of the street hustlers compared to those found in the U.S. I had one young Cuban follow me for about five blocks as I went for a walk. I was really getting nervous because this guy would not give up. He tried selling me everything from his sister to the best seat at a restaurant to discounted cigars. I was basically afraid to expose myself to any of it and so just kept telling him I was not interested. After following me for so long, he just excused himself and shook my hand wishing me luck on my walk. I am thinking I am going to get mugged and wind up feeling like a heel for being so aloof.

The black market provides the capitalism that is needed for Cubans to make a better life for themselves. It is a bizarre method of doing business to an American, but the Cubans are quite comfortable with it.

As hvacpoop states; the buildings are in gross disrepair. Also, Cubans are not allowed in the hotels or tourist areas without permission. Hell, a Cuban cannot even buy most products sold to tourists because you need to show a passport to use the conversion pesos required for tourist trade. These are all things that are wrong to me.

Because of the way the Cuban government treats the Cuban people in such stark contrast to the way tourists are treated, I have no desire to return to Cuba. Most of the tourists I met were European and seemed to be so egotistical that they were oblivious to the inconsistancies with how the Cuban people are treated. That bothered me as well.

I don't know why hvacpoop and I would have such stark differences in our views of the Cuban people, but I for one have gained a lot more respect for them and wish them well no matter what happens. I am a very outgoing person and I just did not at all feel put upon by the Cuban people even the two occasions I had with Cuban police/military persons waving a rifle at me while demanding I move from the area I was in.

I believe I have photos on my website showing some of the uncomfortable billboards I encountered in Havannah. The Cuban people do not have the same attitude as the Cuban government does.

robopoop here some happy pictures

Originally posted by Carnak
    Really!

What poop is stating about Havannah itself is pretty accurate, and even some of the things about the people is accurate. I just don't see what the hell he is talking about with the alleged misery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast