Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I know we are all americans but with the crises we face i am just wondering who out thre knows what this means?

http://www.fairtax.org is taxation without raping-a-nation.

Originally posted by rickboggs
    I agree. I'm a supporter of it.

Sure i would be for it for i know i would bring home more,or i think,but i think people really need to do their homework on this subject before jumping to conclusions for some countrys have this but yet have a very old fashion or tuff way of life,taxes effect healthcare,roads,retirements,jobs,and sometimes the very poor,so i dont know if i would before it or not,no homework has been done,too much time on here and worken on keepen things cold.
    There are three signs of old age.
    The first is your loss of memory,
    the other two I forget.

Just think hillbilly... no revenue man

Originally posted by k_fridge

This is Turtle.

The Flate tax [everybody pay 6% tax on income ] will never fly here in the states for can you imagine all the Tax Lawyer and regular lawyers , CPA, Employees working tax loope holes for big business, Tax Accounting departments for big business, billions of dollars give to congressmen to get pass loope holes in the tax system, employees of the IRS, employees of the new York Stock exchange that keep up with with holding for stock trades, 1/2 the lobbiest in congress out of a job, 1/2 the employees of the U.S. Marshal service - going after tax cheaters, Federal and State Judges and prison employees to send tax cheater to jail, and last of all if this took place we would have run away inflation for all the air conditioning employees and everybody else buying new homes, boats, cars, trucks, and taking vacations to everywhere with this double in pay. All the hourly employees would double in income and cause the regular chevy Pick up truck cost $100,000.00 and a 6 pack of beer cost $150.00.

if you doubled all employees income you would double the cost of food and utilities, but the worst would be all these lawyers out of a job opening up 7-11 stores and try to run the price of beer up to the moon.

It would be a nightmare from hell for 1/3 of the population tax related workers out of a job.

TURTLE

the feds can't print all the dough they want
    without any legal limit. so why are taxes necessary
    at all?
    it is my rueful supposition that not one in a thousand
    knows the actual answer to that. plus, it lends credence
    to Goethe's observation that none are as hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe themselves free.
    hey, doesn't this belong in ARP?

there is a film on this subject out this summer called
    "America: Freedom to Fascism" and as one might suspect this
    explosive subject matter is being suppressed. (at least IMO) to quote Michael Rivera "...because the issue of the legality of the income tax touches us all.

If, as the available evidence suggests, the income tax is a hoax, then we all live in smaller houses, drive cheaper cars, submit to poorer medical assistance, send our kids to less effective schools, all because of a huge fraud designed to loot the wealth of the general population and put it in the pockets of people already so rich they will never live long enough to spend it all.

For over ten years, activists have demanded the government prove that the 16th amendment was properly ratified according to the Constitution. The US Government refuses. For over ten years the people have demanded to actually see the law that requires ordinary workers to pay a tax on the proceeds of their labor. The US Government has taken the position that they are not obligated to show any of the laws which they claim obligates us to perpetual servitude.

This it the film you must see. This is the film the government must keep you from seeing.

This is a fight, and the most committed wins."

[Edited by batdude on 08-27-2006 at 07:26 AM]
    Pg. 324: "the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
    Tragedy & Hope, by Carroll Quigley

I am not sure what this has to do with technical,, but

I don’t know what you all are complaining about. We already have a flat tax and income tax that should please everyone. Our flat tax is SSI, which you contribute 15 cents of every earned dollar. In fact, for many low income folks that is the only federal tax they pay. Course there are state tax, county tax, city tax, road tax, fuel tax, sales tax, and of course property tax, and several more. If you smoke there is a heavy tax, and if you drink you get extra tax too. There is double tax when you drive on turnpikes with taxable fuel.

I just can’t see how one of these would not satisfy everyone’s fair tax idea.

Now with the average tax being near 50 percent of income, just what miracle is going to allow us to reduce that to some simple, single tax?

Want to know why we have all the taxes?? Because we demand more and more governmental services.

Tax system here is similar. There is no income tax. Money is collected as you spend it. Also a lot of licences and permits as well.

I don't propose to know all about the flat tax issue but what I have heard of it I like.

I used to listen to a radio guy you all down south should know...Neal Boortz? Seems he has an effective answer to all of the nay sayers of the tax and how it will work as well or beter than the current system in place!

Now to address the issue of the current "income tax"; It was never started to be an income tax. The current system the way I understand it was begun as a "victory tax" to help our government get more money to pay for the war with Japan (pearl harbor). The way I understand it is that the govt created this victory tax to help offset the cost of making bombs and planes and ships but after the war was won they saw the amount of money that was comming in and the politicians got greedy and started "moving around the money".

The rich got richer and the poorer got poorer...been than way ever since.

CW
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the+money+masters

"how International Bankers gained control of our country"
    some of this is pretty mind-blowing.
    Pg. 324: "the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
    Tragedy & Hope, by Carroll Quigley

Originally posted by turtle
    Originally posted by k_fridge

This is Turtle.

The Flate tax [everybody pay 6% tax on income ] will never fly here in the states for can you imagine all the Tax Lawyer and regular lawyers , CPA, Employees working tax loope holes for big business, Tax Accounting departments for big business, billions of dollars give to congressmen to get pass loope holes in the tax system, employees of the IRS, employees of the new York Stock exchange that keep up with with holding for stock trades, 1/2 the lobbiest in congress out of a job, 1/2 the employees of the U.S. Marshal service - going after tax cheaters, Federal and State Judges and prison employees to send tax cheater to jail, and last of all if this took place we would have run away inflation for all the air conditioning employees and everybody else buying new homes, boats, cars, trucks, and taking vacations to everywhere with this double in pay. All the hourly employees would double in income and cause the regular chevy Pick up truck cost $100,000.00 and a 6 pack of beer cost $150.00.

if you doubled all employees income you would double the cost of food and utilities, but the worst would be all these lawyers out of a job opening up 7-11 stores and try to run the price of beer up to the moon.

It would be a nightmare from hell for 1/3 of the population tax related workers out of a job.

TURTLE
    Turtle, you need to read the book to fully understand the FairTax. It will work and would be a great advantage for our country. The problem with getting it passed is that it takes away much of the power politicians have to use the current tax code to buy votes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast