Bum Relatives.....

Well my niece called today.....some story about house payment due...gas tank with a hole in it..... all kinds of things....

Kept yammering on about me being mad at her for calling..... slurred speech....barely sounds human.....

Wanting money.....

I said OK..... and then the excuses start pouring out why she cant come and get it and that Id have to bring it to her.......lol

I told her Id write a check and she could come by and get it.

More yammering about how she cant get by here to get it.....

I hung up.

Phones rang several times since then and I havent picked up.......lol
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

That would be a 'No' in any book...I always have something to do around the house I'm willing to even pay family to do, a house note would require several somethings though...stick to your guns
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Yeah, whenever somone starts complaining to me about money i start telling them about what i need done around the house....it can always use good thorough cleaning behing the fridge and all that...

we have a very strange situation going on with my older sister.
    (she's over 40 now)

at different times, she moves in with each of parents claiming to hit hard times.
    the first thing she did, the last time she moved in with my mom, she ran out and bought a brand new phone, then proceeded to hide it from my mom.
    she buys other items and makes people believe they are a necessity.

she claims she can only find part-time work, but nearly every company picks her up for full time. she works a couple of months then quits or gets herself laid-off by irritating the manager.

we found out that she was getting money from my 90 year old grandmother.

now that's she's older she takes full advantage of unemployment and disability

after staying at my parents house for a couple of years, she starts taking control of the house until the provider can't be around her anymore and she gets thrown out.
    then, she doesn't talk to that person because she's "mad and doesn't understand what happened"

after years of pulling this scam, it turns out, she just doesn't want to work.
    she hates everyone in the family, so if they are not paying her way, she don't wanna talk to them.
    everyone is aware of the game , so it will be real interesting to see what she does now.

I have a sister in law, known her since we were 16.

Very cute blonde cheerleader bubbly type with a dark side. Very moody, can turn on you in a instant over nothing.

we're now over 40 and sge not the cute little bouncy bubly cheerleader and her moodiness has grown into a malicious manipulative pain pill addicted full on personality disorder.

Its always everyones fault and your a SOB if you dont agree with her or offer to bail her out of what ever current mess shes in.

I did a little research and came up with the term. that best describes her.

Histrionic.

Shes pushed away those closest to her and inevitably will die alone and bitter.

I'm big on not contributing to the addictions or mistakes of my family by lending them money.

You have to realize your not helping them but only enabling them to do more damage to themselves and those around them.

jpsmith1cm is offline Global Moderator/AOP Committee
    Sadly, my family has a few of these, too.

To date, none have asked me for money, but I've already got a "No" in my back pocket waiting for them.

I have bum family members & associates. They don't ask me for nothing anymore because i can't help a person that refuses to make a change to help themselves. My wife has a bum brother. He was crying the "I'm hungry & broke" thing last week. She was gonna bring him a pizza & give him 10 bucks until i reminded her he receives government assistance (food stamps) & free housing which i don't even understand as he lives alone with no custody at all of his kid. He sells his food stamps to buy cigarettes & God knows what else but cries no food .. Wtf

Sent from a my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

The people I know like this who are my age have never matured and have this twisted sense of entitlment that borders on delusional.

Sociopaths that are out for themselves and who refuse to take responsibillity for themselves and who are only motivated to scam their way through life.

I have little patience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Well my niece called today.....some story about house payment due...gas tank with a hole in it..... all kinds of things....

Kept yammering on about me being mad at her for calling..... slurred speech....barely sounds human.....

Wanting money.....

I said OK..... and then the excuses start pouring out why she cant come and get it and that Id have to bring it to her.......lol

I told her Id write a check and she could come by and get it.

More yammering about how she cant get by here to get it.....

I hung up.

Phones rang several times since then and I havent picked up.......lol
    You know corny they say the apple never falls far from the tree. I suspect you might share some of your dear relatives personality and habits there unless you want to claim that they are my "inlaws".

Fess up corny we won't hold it against you. Might even gain a point or two for honesty here.. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

We all have those deadbeats in the family.

Mojo won't put up with it.

Years ago disowned a neice who was stealing from my parents when I was in the Navy.

When I got out and found out first hand what she did I gave her the boot and never looked back.

Some may call it heartless but she learned her lesson in life,and has turned her life around 100%.

She now is a registered nurse,married to the same man for over 20 years, has two wonderful kids.
    FEN

No more money being loaned from me . Oldest brother borrow $8500 over 15 years ago and only paid back about $1200 sense then. He always sends about $100 or so when he comes back to town to visit my parents. I think it makes him not feel so bad that he has stiffed me and always says he is hurting for money when I talk to him. Little does he know that I know his ebay account name and that I can see the thousands he has wasted over the years just buying junk. I called him out on it a few years back ( boy was he red faced being caught in a lie ) and thats why he has thrown a little at me lately.

Would go into details of loaning old girlfriend $13,000 for a car she needed but then we all know how that ended

Then there was ............ ahhh never mind ya know how it always ended

Only loan money to relitives if you have no problem with never getting it back