Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 67
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Sensible position. I am also a basic libertarian, but we have to vote on the choices that be and not the choices we wish we had.
    I tend to be somewhere between a Constitutional Conservative and a Libertarian... I agree with the highlited part above.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    2,485
    If the election was between two candidates that were more centrist, voting for Johnson would be less of a problem. As it is, the choice between Obama and Romney is critical to the future of the US. Their visions of what America is, and what it should be, present a stark contrast in ideologies. Obama has made it painfully clear what his vision of America is, and it's scary to think about what he would unleash on us once he doesn't have to worry about reelection.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,546
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

    Now that you know the truth....what ya gonna do about it......I know I know......vote for the lesser of two eviles....and the band plays on...and on...and on....keep walking...nothing to see here


    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,723
    Good point Roy. If Americans would stop voting as if it was a popularity contest and more for who represented their beliefs the face of politics here might actually change.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,723
    I see little resemblance between Johnson and the established Libertarians. I.m not sure Johnson would like the results most libertarians think they want. Johnson ran NM as a Republican but with a sense of liberty that didn't fit the party. This is a cowboy state (best discription that might translate) and personal liberty is prominent for many here. That quality doesn't seem too important in other places I've lived places. That quality along with legalizing pot is why the Republicans run from Johnson.
    BTW I just learned this week the DEA recommended decriminalizing pot in the 60's. Well kept secret.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny all I can say is that you must be a communist if you prefer to see a communist serving as the President of the US.

    Romney is no communist and Obama is but your saying there's no difference so that means you want the rest of us just sit it out or throw our vote away and allow a known communist to destroy America in the next four years.

    That says a lot about you motives freemind. I'm sure you are not stupid and know about Obama being a commie. So who is a conservative American and who is a commie or needs a dose of common sense bad?

    Romney is not a conservative but he is no communist either nor close to being one. Obama was raised as one and has never faltered from his mission. Romney was the governor of the most liberal state in the Union so he went along with the flow on health care for MA.

    He has since publicly changed his position on it while Obama defends Obama-care with every breath in his body. I believe that explains my position and what I think about allowing the communist to become President for the next 4 years and what I think about your position allowing him to do that. Remember Romney chose Paul Ryan for his VP. Thank you, thank you very much
    You want to belive I am a communists, belive it. What you think makes no matter to me. Your obvious lack of constitutional education, and your lack of critical thinking skills, negate any worth of your opinion in my eyes.

    You crying that Mittens was "just playing along with the other liberals" is BUNK. Do your morals and beliefs wave in the wind too, depending on the company you have at that moment? Mitt IS a socialist, no different than your "sworn enemy" Obummer. Liberal, socialists, liberty crappers.

    Throwing your vote away. WHAT A JOKE. Did you too "throw away" your vote LAST time when you voted for McCain? LMFAO!
    Voting isn't about voting for the winner. It's about VOTING for the person you belive in. The person that SHARES your moral convictions and your ideas. A man with critical thinking skills, should discern that voting for either Romeny OR Obummer is voting for socialized medicine (AKA a form of SOCIALISM/COMMUNISM). And let's not forget abortion. Ol' Mitty was for it, then against it. Is he for it NOW? Lets see which way the wind is blowing, shall we?

    But wait! I suppose Mittens new VP pick is gonna make the world all sunshine and lollypops RIGHT? What a "conservative" that guy IS right? LMAO! Yeah, he likes TARP too. Amoung many other progressive/socialist ideals. Woooo doggies. We're all saved now.

    So, if you don't want to be a Socialist country, then why do you keep voting for socialists? Apparently being in on the "winning vote" far exceeds the value of actually repairing the damage to the country. Because IF it was really about changing things, you wouldn't waste your vote, voting for another socialist in a different suit. This is akin to the fat kid saying he doesn't want to be fat anymore. So instead of putting down the cake and candy, he eats one bite less of the cake each day. No need to actually eat healthy, no. Just eat one less bite of cake a day and he belives everything will change.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Oh come on boys, your on the same side. And in case you need a little reminder.

    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Oh come on boys, your on the same side. And in case you need a little reminder.

    Great video there printer. Thanks, I'll drink to that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    You want to belive I am a communists, belive it. What you think makes no matter to me. Your obvious lack of constitutional education, and your lack of critical thinking skills, negate any worth of your opinion in my eyes.

    You crying that Mittens was "just playing along with the other liberals" is BUNK. Do your morals and beliefs wave in the wind too, depending on the company you have at that moment? Mitt IS a socialist, no different than your "sworn enemy" Obummer. Liberal, socialists, liberty crappers.

    Throwing your vote away. WHAT A JOKE. Did you too "throw away" your vote LAST time when you voted for McCain? LMFAO!
    Voting isn't about voting for the winner. It's about VOTING for the person you belive in. The person that SHARES your moral convictions and your ideas. A man with critical thinking skills, should discern that voting for either Romeny OR Obummer is voting for socialized medicine (AKA a form of SOCIALISM/COMMUNISM). And let's not forget abortion. Ol' Mitty was for it, then against it. Is he for it NOW? Lets see which way the wind is blowing, shall we?

    But wait! I suppose Mittens new VP pick is gonna make the world all sunshine and lollypops RIGHT? What a "conservative" that guy IS right? LMAO! Yeah, he likes TARP too. Amoung many other progressive/socialist ideals. Woooo doggies. We're all saved now.

    So, if you don't want to be a Socialist country, then why do you keep voting for socialists? Apparently being in on the "winning vote" far exceeds the value of actually repairing the damage to the country. Because IF it was really about changing things, you wouldn't waste your vote, voting for another socialist in a different suit. This is akin to the fat kid saying he doesn't want to be fat anymore. So instead of putting down the cake and candy, he eats one bite less of the cake each day. No need to actually eat healthy, no. Just eat one less bite of cake a day and he belives everything will change.
    Bla, Bla, I'll stand by what I said. Obama is a commie Marxist and Romney is a moderate with a staunch conservative for a VP and that's all folks. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,719
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Oh come on boys, your on the same side. And in case you need a little reminder.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Great video there printer. Thanks, I'll drink to that. Thank you, thank you very much
    Only problem with the video is:

    There are no references to what made the country GREAT! Other than pic of Abe Lincoln, there are only references to after WW2... which is not really the whole story of the USA.

    I did not see any references to the wars the USA won to keep the entire world free (think Nazi Germany in WW2), or the endless brush wars we handle to keep Muslim terrorists from killing innocent folks all over the world. While we are at it, how about the endless humanitarian things the USA does all over the world.

    And lets be accurate; The USA was formed in 1776, the video references mostly after 1945. Some simple math suggests the video references less than 70 years... mostly ignoring almost 170 years. Anyone wonder what went on during those years? Maybe the Industrial revolution that took us from all being broke farmers living hand to mouth... to our lavish material life now? Maybe the advent of modern medicine where folks can live healthy? How about sanitary methods of food preparation and storage... None of that (which is critical to life) was referenced.

    And lets not forget the founding documents of this country; the Declaration, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Amendments... the country grew to GREATNESS under them (and now we ignore them and the country is sliding into mediocrity).

    IMO the video is glaringly mis-leading... and the result is to create simple-mindedness... which IMO is seriously dangerous to freedom.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Can't argue with that there ga, right on. I just enjoyed the video even though there were a few scenes in there I didn't approve of. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Bla, Bla, I'll stand by what I said. Obama is a commie Marxist and Romney is a moderate with a staunch conservative for a VP and that's all folks. Thank you very much
    Lol!
    You can't defend Mitties love for socialized medicine, but you think Obummers love for it makes him ALONE the evil one.

    Now Mitten's VP choice is a TOTAL conservative? LMAO!
    Ryan voted for TARP, the auto bailout, Medicare expansion, housing subsidies, unemployment extensions, a national ID, making the Patriot ACT perminant, and a myraid of OTHER LIBERAL agendas. Yep, sounds like another Obummer type conservative......Funny how Obummer was supportive of those SAME measures, but in your eyes Obummer is a commy, and Ryan is a "conservative"....

    You yourself must be as "conservative" as Obummer. You are going to vote for people that hae voted the SAME way Obummer would.

    Tell me again, WHO is a commy... I am having difficulty seeing a difference.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    [QUOTE=freemind;13976391]...............
    Tell me again, WHO is a commy... QUOTE]

    You know the old saying if the shoe fits wear it, wanting to make sure that the alien communist to the core Obama has another 4 years to destroy our country. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event