Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 67
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    I have asked this question repeatedly... yet none of you naive idealistic folks will answer it:

    Show me just ONE time a third party candidate won POTUS when both of the established mainstream parties ran their candidate... You cannot because it has never happened.

    So why does anyone think it can now?

    You see... not enough of the country has enough sense to think outside the box enough to elect a third party candidate. SOOO...

    It is simple to me: Either we elect the Mutt... or we risk another 4 years of BHO. Which is less dangerous?

    I realize lots of folks have their ego's bruised because their pet guy did not make it... The first time my ego was bruised was when George Wallace got butted out (1972). If we are not smart enough to learn how the system works (regardless of whether we agree or not)... then we are stupid enough to get the butt end of the system.

    My comment to folks who want to waste their vote on a third party candidate: GROW UP.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Show me in your history that you ever elected a black man (OK half white)? Many though it not possible.

    Now your statement about not enough people can think outside the box enough and you are right. But how do you get them to start thinking that way if you say thinking out of the box is no option? You have to take the first step. If you do not then the two parties you have right now have no incentive for change.

    So what if a third candidate runs that actually has some substance to his words, people will pick up on it and start expecting more from the other candidates. The third option may not win but the ideas that the candidate puts forward can change the direction the other two go. Now is this wishful thinking or could it be possible? Well exactly the same thing happened here 15 years ago. It used to be a forgone conclusion that one of two parties was going to run the country, heck the two have been swapping seats since the birth of the country. Well one is history, the other is almost irrelevant, and the young upstart is now running the country.

    So you elect OB again if the right vote is split, at least the Republicans might see the warning shot fired by the public. Time to do better or else. Given time you might even get a less corrupt bunch in, ones that care more about the country than making deals.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,680
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Not I or you have ever heard BO express Marxist views. Read the book. My education didn't come from living under a rock. It seems that you think if you yell "commie, socialist" loud enough someone will believe you. Did it ever occur to you that your world view might be flawed? When the whole world honks horns at you maybe your going too slow.
    When the water was up to their necks, then they understood. A FLOOD IS COMMING!

    http://obamaism.********.com/

    Anyone NOT hearing obama stating marxist views is in a deep, dangerous coma coma. Need a pulse check, here. NURSE!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Where did you get your "education" hacker? Must have been tutored by folks similar to the ones who mentored Obama into acquiring his Marxist views. Thank you, thank you very much
    Interesting. Rather than actually form an argument as to why you might think I'm wrong you choose to attack my education that you know nothing about. One thing for the glass to be half empty but your's is totaled.
    Tracers work both ways.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    http://obamaism.********.com/

    Anyone NOT hearing obama stating marxist views is in a deep, dangerous coma coma. Need a pulse check, here. NURSE!!!
    Curious. You hold up a BO enemy right wing blogger as one who speaks truth? Thin ice isn't an overstatement. Problem is when you want to believe just because their an enemy of BO. Tell me how you arrive at any truth when you choose which truth you'll believe. I can imagine you proudly saying "Source Internet". I've got a bridge for sale. Do I hear "Swift Boat?"
    Tracers work both ways.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,085
    For anyone who is interested, David Jeremiah has some excellent teachings on some of this stuff. He is a great guy, providing of course, you don't like rev. wright/

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,680
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Curious. You hold up a BO enemy right wing blogger as one who speaks truth? Thin ice isn't an overstatement. Problem is when you want to believe just because their an enemy of BO. Tell me how you arrive at any truth when you choose which truth you'll believe. I can imagine you proudly saying "Source Internet". I've got a bridge for sale. Do I hear "Swift Boat?"
    Do you have any point to refute? Or are you just reduced to the ridiculous counter-attack of screaming foul at the source. ??? I just googled it, seemed like the best of the top 3 links. I can get the same material in parts from abc cnn bbc ap, whatever. Obama is a merxist and there is irrefutable proof of that in his own words. Irrefutable. A wimpy reply does NOT constitute the definition of 'refute'.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Do you have any point to refute? Or are you just reduced to the ridiculous counter-attack of screaming foul at the source. ??? I just googled it, seemed like the best of the top 3 links. I can get the same material in parts from abc cnn bbc ap, whatever. Obama is a merxist and there is irrefutable proof of that in his own words. Irrefutable. A wimpy reply does NOT constitute the definition of 'refute'.
    Actually I looked at the site and I found a few things that I found... ... reaching. In the past I would spend some time taking a run at it but time is more precious now.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,680
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Actually I looked at the site and I found a few things that I found... ... reaching. In the past I would spend some time taking a run at it but time is more precious now.
    Obviously, the site is extreme, but it lists the 'points' well. Some points may be 'reaching' but most are not.

    Nobody really needs to look beyond obama's berlin speech to know his mindset, But I can google and prove he is a Marxist easily all day long. As I said, "irrefutable".
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,680
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_114771.html

    I speak to you not as a candidate for President, but as a citizen - a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world.

    F'n Kenyan.

    People of the world - look at Berlin!

    What?

    But the burdens of global citizenship continue to bind us together.

    So it does not matter if you are from Kenya.

    This is the moment when we must renew the goal of a world without nuclear weapons.

    Only an idea that a severe dope-smoker could come up with.

    This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitably.

    Karl Marx. Karl Marx. Karl Marx.

    Karl Marx. Karl Marx. Karl Marx.

    Obama is a Marxists. Deniers are wrong in the best case scenario. Marxists as well, possibly.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Show me in your history that you ever elected a black man (OK half white)? Many though it not possible.

    Now your statement about not enough people can think outside the box enough and you are right. But how do you get them to start thinking that way if you say thinking out of the box is no option? You have to take the first step. If you do not then the two parties you have right now have no incentive for change.

    So what if a third candidate runs that actually has some substance to his words, people will pick up on it and start expecting more from the other candidates. The third option may not win but the ideas that the candidate puts forward can change the direction the other two go. Now is this wishful thinking or could it be possible? Well exactly the same thing happened here 15 years ago. It used to be a forgone conclusion that one of two parties was going to run the country, heck the two have been swapping seats since the birth of the country. Well one is history, the other is almost irrelevant, and the young upstart is now running the country.

    So you elect OB again if the right vote is split, at least the Republicans might see the warning shot fired by the public. Time to do better or else. Given time you might even get a less corrupt bunch in, ones that care more about the country than making deals.
    Honestly Printer... after 4 years nobody will remember pooo... in fact after 2 years they do not.

    And I am not willing to be raped for the next 4 years by BHO if there is ANYTHING I can do about it.

    I think you do not see the urgency of NOT allowing the man a second term... there might not be much left of the USA after another 4 years of BHO.

    Lets look at an example... What would Canada be like if the deficit spenders had maintained control for decades on end? I think you and I can agree your country would NOT be in nearly as good of shape as it is. And why is it in better shape? Because folks voted with common sense, rather than fleeting dreams. They voted for tried and proven business principles rather than smooth talk and empty promises with no viable means of financing them.

    BHO is bad for the USA... And while Mutt Romney may not be the best candidate, he is a LOT better than BHO.

    Besides... you (and nobody else) have answered my question.

    There is NO history of a third party candidate getting into the WH with two viable parties operating. There IS, however, and not just once; history in the USA of the vote on one side of the isle being split by a third party candidate, thus electing the other side of the isle's candidate... when the numbers suggest if the third party candidate had not run the same outcome would have been different. So do we follow proven history, or do we live like dreamers?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Honestly Printer... after 4 years nobody will remember pooo... in fact after 2 years they do not.

    And I am not willing to be raped for the next 4 years by BHO if there is ANYTHING I can do about it.

    I think you do not see the urgency of NOT allowing the man a second term... there might not be much left of the USA after another 4 years of BHO.

    Lets look at an example... What would Canada be like if the deficit spenders had maintained control for decades on end? I think you and I can agree your country would NOT be in nearly as good of shape as it is. And why is it in better shape? Because folks voted with common sense, rather than fleeting dreams. They voted for tried and proven business principles rather than smooth talk and empty promises with no viable means of financing them.

    BHO is bad for the USA... And while Mutt Romney may not be the best candidate, he is a LOT better than BHO.

    Besides... you (and nobody else) have answered my question.

    There is NO history of a third party candidate getting into the WH with two viable parties operating. There IS, however, and not just once; history in the USA of the vote on one side of the isle being split by a third party candidate, thus electing the other side of the isle's candidate... when the numbers suggest if the third party candidate had not run the same outcome would have been different. So do we follow proven history, or do we live like dreamers?
    The deficit spenders did maintain control for decades here, both Liberal and Conservative. Surprising enough, same goes with you guys but instead they are called Democrats and Republicans. I doubt your Republicans have the spine to do what needs to be done, their solution, cut taxes and we will grow our way out of this mess. What is going to drive that growth, real estate? Maybe Romney may be the better of the two but I really think you need better than that.

    As far as splitting the vote, yes it happened up here also. There was talk at the time the upstarts should back off and let the conservative old guard do their thing to keep the other guys out. Well the upstarts would not have it because nothing would have changed just business as usual. Well if you guys want business as usual, so be it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The deficit spenders did maintain control for decades here, both Liberal and Conservative. Surprising enough, same goes with you guys but instead they are called Democrats and Republicans. I doubt your Republicans have the spine to do what needs to be done, their solution, cut taxes and we will grow our way out of this mess. What is going to drive that growth, real estate? Maybe Romney may be the better of the two but I really think you need better than that.

    As far as splitting the vote, yes it happened up here also. There was talk at the time the upstarts should back off and let the conservative old guard do their thing to keep the other guys out. Well the upstarts would not have it because nothing would have changed just business as usual. Well if you guys want business as usual, so be it.
    I guess the difference is: I do not have faith anything other than more of the worse of two evils will EVER happen with a third party candidate.

    Going forward with that view: I would rather have a small move back towards conservative business principles than take a chance and loose... with the result of moving even farther down the road of destruction.

    My trading buddy tracks deficits (as well as a host of other things); the FACTS are: EVERY DEM president since Kennedy has racked up MORE deficits than ANY GOP president, with the exception of Clinton... however when one figures in the artificial boom in residential RE Clinton forced on the banking industry (the root cause of the financial crises we are now in), the results are invalid. I once read an article suggesting if Clinton had not gotten away with that scam, the country would have fallen into a serious recession before his second term ran out. The charts do not lie. So IMO that simple fact leaves the idea of idealism of no deficits in the trash.

    Miracles do not happen overnite in politics... rather it is a slow road either direction.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event