Carrier Greenspeed/Bryant Extreme

Installed a Bryant Extreme Heat Pump with an Evolution Zoning system a few months ago. It was the first one our company had installed. How have you found the inverter systems to work with zoning. Would you install a similar system in your house?

I did enjoy the challenge of new equipment setup.

They work great, and it is actually what they were designed for. We just installed a 13 zone house on two Greenspeed systems. Ductwork had some minor reworking, including increasing duct sizes (which he had to do anyway because Carrier only makes even sized zone dampers). We are excited to see how his electric bill drops. We have installed a few Greenspeeds on zoning and it is amazing to see the reduction in power consumption. One customer told us his electric bill dropped almost in half.

The Greenspeed in HVACs gift to zoning. They Greenspeed will range from 30-110% of load, as opposed to either 67% load or 100% load on the Infinity systems. No bypass, truly modulating and allows you to even size for small zones. The zone cfm is digitally matched to the compressor btu.

Sorry, I just went supergeek on ya'll...didn't I?

We installed one this past winter here in S.E. NC, it has been a good running piece of equipment. Bryant system 4 tons and 4 zones. When I started it up the house was under construction and outside and inside temp was 47 degrees and we still got a 28/30 degree temp rise on refrigeration only. I got to say it is a nice system.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMama View Post
    They work great, and it is actually what they were designed for. We just installed a 13 zone house on two Greenspeed systems. Ductwork had some minor reworking, including increasing duct sizes (which he had to do anyway because Carrier only makes even sized zone dampers). We are excited to see how his electric bill drops. We have installed a few Greenspeeds on zoning and it is amazing to see the reduction in power consumption. One customer told us his electric bill dropped almost in half.

The Greenspeed in HVACs gift to zoning. They Greenspeed will range from 30-110% of load, as opposed to either 67% load or 100% load on the Infinity systems. No bypass, truly modulating and allows you to even size for small zones. The zone cfm is digitally matched to the compressor btu.

Sorry, I just went supergeek on ya'll...didn't I?
    Bypass is a band-aid used on most zoned systems to compensate for the ductwork not being big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 360dart View Post
    Would you install a similar system in your house
    Hell no!

The trouble we've seen with these things...Wait till the guinea pig stage is over with.