start kit question blown fuse

I went on a call no cool. found 1 blown fuse in the condenser's disconnect box. 50amp nameplate calls for 50 amp. ohm compressor no ground fault windingas add up properly even though I didn't have the maneufacture winding specs. ohmed condenser fan motor all looked good its a trane unit with an oem start relay and cap. start cap was good start relay (potential relay) opened smoothly after turn it on/off a few times but the run cap was supposed to be a 30mfd but was reading 24mfd. so I put a new 30 mfd started up everything amped out good, i was thinking with the weak run cap the unit will start up fine then run high amps possibly go off on overload compressor shuts down. correct me if im wrong since the contactor stays closed power is still applied the start relay will remain open(out of the circuit) once the compressor's overload closes the compressor, will try to restart and draw lock rotor amps if the fuse was weak it can blow or from several attempts it blew. to me it makes sense. i should have removed the common wire while running to simulate it going off on overload to verify the start relay wont reclose??

Sorry mate the relay closes whenever the compressor stops and the back emf drops.

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Sorry mate the relay closes whenever the compressor stops and the back emf drops.
    that's the whole thing about a potential relay the back emf feeding the coil in the potential relay opening its contacts. now days you see these universal relays that fit in most applications built into 1 relay its almost as if they open based on supplied units voltage

thanks for the clarification i guess it was wish full thinking lol