Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do i see the rubber stops in the copper ??

I think someone ran out of money , or someone ran off with homeowners money

I'm thinking the check bounced and they reclaimed the unit in hopes of things working out and reinstalling it. On the other hand if they got stiffed I would have thought those lines would have accidently got kinked at the entrance point to the basement.

Well if you get the job be sure and cut those lines inside and blow the heck out of them to get all the loose pebbles out.

Looks to me like the cap blew...and took the whole unit with it.

I dought a unit was ever installed there weed growing on the wire and the copper sticking straight out

Not too sure what the codes are in the US, but here in Canada ANY source of ignition has to be 3 feet away from the relief on the meter. That disconnect looks too close to the meter and the a/c (when installed) would be too close as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pas1216 View Post
    Not too sure what the codes are in the US, but here in Canada ANY source of ignition has to be 3 feet away from the relief on the meter. That disconnect looks too close to the meter and the a/c (when installed) would be too close as well.
    Here, it's flues only.

"service access" would be the requirement for a condenser, in relation of distance for the meter.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Here, it's flues only.

"service access" would be the requirement for a condenser, in relation of distance for the meter.
    I thought, at least in my area, that the 3' to ignition source applies.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Is it fixed yet

Not sure of your location, but how did they get this far through the summer without realizing they had no ac?

Looks to me like the owner just moved in and the house flippers neglected to install the condenser.

so i find out it was just roughed in at furnace room. but homeowner never paid to have condensor in stalled...

funny thing is.....r22 evap coil.....hahahahahaha....paid for coil, but now its gonna have to be changed to 410a....hahahahaha

dont know what they owners were thinking....i guess they thought that cause u have a ht/cool stat on wall....that maybe it means u have ac?

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

make sure you get the money up front on this one

used r22 unit would come in handy here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast