Thread: Wet/Dry Vac

Wet/Dry Vac

Who is making the best wet/dry vac these days.
    2nd generation commercial technician

I just got one of these. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/cordles...vacuum/0780-20

I already had the batteries. It works great for service work when you need to quick clean something up or suck out a drain line. I have used it three times now and the first battery is not dead yet.

I have it also, mine must be a lemon. Super loud and drains the battery in no time! Not happy with it at all.

I have a Shop-Vac 5 gallon, 5.5HP vacuum, it's short and narrow, comes with a bunch of attachments and a 6 or 7 foot hose. Also has a bag filter and a cartridge filter. It's a raped ape when it comes to cleaning anything, makes furnace cleanings a breeze. I believe it cost about $75-80, and well worth it!

I have had the ridgid propack vacuum for about 5 years now and it has been excellent. It has been used lots for pretty much everything you could imagine and I dont treat it very nice either. It has a more powerful motor then most vacuums its size so lots of suction. When the filter gets plugged I just wash it under warm water and then I have a spot on the back centre of my roof rack for it so it dry's in no time while I drive. Its not a great wet vacuum in large application because of it small capacity. I had small shop vac's before and they work fine but parts get lost to it easily in the back of the truck. This unit fits on a shelf nicely.
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD4522-P...k/EN/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    I have a Shop-Vac 5 gallon, 5.5HP vacuum, it's short and narrow, comes with a bunch of attachments and a 6 or 7 foot hose. Also has a bag filter and a cartridge filter. It's a raped ape when it comes to cleaning anything, makes furnace cleanings a breeze. I believe it cost about $75-80, and well worth it!
    you are using a shop vac for boiler cleanings.... and your customers don't mind the fine layer of soot left behind that the shop vac filters don't catch?

I just use the customers house vac for oil cleanings, that thin layer of dust is the least of there problems lol jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a soot vacuum for cleaning up oil burners. Soot goes right through most bags and filters.

Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    you are using a shop vac for boiler cleanings.... and your customers don't mind the fine layer of soot left behind that the shop vac filters don't catch?
    If I see soot we have a soot vac just for that.

I use the Rdgid propack vacuum for pre seasons and it doubles as a seat for working on furnaces. I use the Ridgid brand vacuum bags in it (2 pak from Home Depot about $12). I have a Dayton 5hp shop vac for wet use that I rescued from the garbage. I took it apart and oiled the bearings about 2 years ago when I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmb View Post
    I have it also, mine must be a lemon. Super loud and drains the battery in no time! Not happy with it at all.
    Mine is fairly new and the batteries haven't been used much. I hope it keeps working! Now you've got me worried!

Went ahead and bought a Shop-Vac 5gal 3hp with attachments. Not too heavy, not too bulky, and its got some good power
    2nd generation commercial technician