Thread: Check Valve for Little Giant VCMA-20ULS

Post Likes

Check Valve for Little Giant VCMA-20ULS

1 yr old pump continuously turns on due to water running back down flexible tubing and into pump through the barbed discharge valve. Installer is no longer in business.
    New contractor stated that this pump did not have "built in check valve" although specs show that it does. He suggested that he purchase alternative model Little Giant with built in valve for me, however I have no idea which model. I since purchased a CV-10 check valve for the unit which turned out to be just a standard discharge valve and did not work. BTW, there is a loop in the tubing to prevent the gravity flow, however it does not seem to work either.

1) Are there alternative model Little Giant pumps with a built in check valve?
    2) Is the CV-10 I purchased a defect since others state that it does work properly as a check valve?
    3) Where do I go from here?
    Thank you for any input you can provide.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbotia View Post
    1 yr old pump continuously turns on due to water running back down flexible tubing and into pump through the barbed discharge valve. Installer is no longer in business.
    New contractor stated that this pump did not have "built in check valve" although specs show that it does. He suggested that he purchase alternative model Little Giant with built in valve for me, however I have no idea which model. I since purchased a CV-10 check valve for the unit which turned out to be just a standard discharge valve and did not work. BTW, there is a loop in the tubing to prevent the gravity flow, however it does not seem to work either.

1) Are there alternative model Little Giant pumps with a built in check valve?
    2) Is the CV-10 I purchased a defect since others state that it does work properly as a check valve?
    3) Where do I go from here?
    Thank you for any input you can provide.
    They all have a check valve, if you look at where the barbed fitting is screwed into the pump is the check valve. They get sludge built up in the orifice and the plastic ball will not seat. Poor one cup of Clorox into pump followed by 2 quarts of hot water to flush pump

Post Likes
    I should have mentioned that valve did not work from the day it was first installed. Took it apart. It is not dirty but noticed that air flows through both ways and there is no ball. There is also no ball in the replacement valve. When I spoke to the contractor over the phone while he was at the house working on unit he mentioned that the model I had definately did not have a check valve. That's when he suggested that he supply me with a new Little Giant. What am I missing here?

Post Likes
    I should have mentioned that valve did not work from the day it was first installed. Took it apart. It is not dirty but noticed that air flows through both ways and there is no ball. There is also no ball in the replacement valve. When I spoke to the contractor over the phone while he was at the house working on unit he mentioned that the model I had definately did not have a check valve. That's when he suggested that he supply me with a new Little Giant. What am I missing here?
    Perhaps you service provider knows more than Little Giant, they install check valves in all of there condensate pumps. Google your pump and look at the description and parts list.

Post Likes
    What you are missing is you just should have said YES

You would be done with the problem........
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    He said there is no check valve since he can see no water in the line. Parts list says supplied with one. Water runs back down line through check valve and into unit. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Post Likes
    It did not work from day 1....I took it apart.....

There is no valve......

What replacement valve?

They all come with check valves.......

I love this site......no pro would ever diagnose over the phone but all jump on the bandwagon when they take a post as gospel truth.........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    It did not work from day 1....I took it apart.....

There is no valve......

What replacement valve?

They all come with check valves.......

I love this site......no pro would ever diagnose over the phone but all jump on the bandwagon when they take a post as gospel truth.........
    Beshvac
    Learn how to read and abide by your tag line and pay attention to the details. The truth is that I mentioned in my previous thread that the tech called me on the phone while he was looking at the unit. I also mentioned that I purchased a replacement check valve that did not work either.

Post Likes
    Beshvac
    Learn how to read and abide by your tag line and pay attention to the details. The truth is that I mentioned in my previous thread that the tech called me on the phone while he was looking at the unit. I also mentioned that I purchased a replacement check valve that did not work either.
    I did pay attention to the details.....you had a guy there that would take responsibility for the repair and you chose to buy a replacement part that did not work either......If I gave you the recommendation to replace a part and you did not take it.....too bad....

Most times it is far more economical to replace the big assembly than the small freakin part...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    I did pay attention to the details.....you had a guy there that would take responsibility for the repair and you chose to buy a replacement part that did not work either......If I gave you the recommendation to replace a part and you did not take it.....too bad....

Most times it is far more economical to replace the big assembly than the small freakin part...
    Why don't you add some value to the conversation. Anyone could just spend the xtra $ and buy a new pump. Read your prior comment. Even more evident you have a reading comprehension problem.

Post Likes
    They make a inline check valve ,i ordered it through the supply house ,

Post Likes
    Why don't you add some value to the conversation. Anyone could just spend the xtra $ and buy a new pump. Read your prior comment. Even more evident you have a reading comprehension problem.
    I told you what you should have done. It has been continuously turning on for a year. Pumps are not expensive, they even come with a warranty. new pump with a warranty problem solved in just about 30 minutes. ( A lot less than a year)

You can also keep your insults to yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in