dual voltage vacuum pump advice (110/220 50/60hz)

I am looking for recommendations for a vacuum pump that I can use in the US and Europe. I found the CPS Model VP6D, for sale, but I cannot find any of the Yellow Jacket dual voltage vacuum pumps for sale. If you have any other recommendations please let me know. I would like to keep the price below $300.

I know this request for information may be in the grey area for this sites rules, since I am more of a hobbyist (also I home owner), and only service 2-5 car A/C systems per year for myself and friends. I was however trained on house HVAC systems by my father, and I maintain a cryogenic cooling unit (-50 C) for the USAF. So I am just a hobbyist, I just need a vacuum pump for my hobby of fixing cars.

Buy one for use in the us and buy one to use overseas The prices on vacuum pumps has come down

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Buy one for use in the us and buy one to use overseas The prices on vacuum pumps has come down
    I have not had any luck finding any in Spain; these people hold onto their equipment until they are dead (the equipment or the person). The pumps I cam find new out here for under $300 are "no name" pumps, that I cannot get any information on other than they are made in China. I do move to Germany next month. I will resume my search for a used pump there. However if anyone does have a recommendation for a dual voltage vacuum pump I am still open to suggestions.

Ian

What about a power converter

Moved to Tech to Tech.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    What about a power converter
    From what I was told, even though a transformer will bring the 220V down to 110V, the 50hz will still harm a motor that is not designed to operate 50/60hz. At least that is in the literature provided to me, when I was moved to Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Moved to Tech to Tech.
    Thank you for moving this to the correct section of the forum. I was not sure I could post in "Tech to Tech" since I am not a "real" HVAC professional; my daily job is to maintain radios and satellite communication equipment, and somehow also a telescope.