Carrier Service tool V

Hey everyone,

So I'm working on trying to install Carrier Service tool V on a co workers computer. He has his own converter, but I'm using the same disk that I used for my computer.

Is the disk proprietary? I am waiting on carrier to call back and thought some of you fine people would know.

I could have sworn we used to have multiple disks, but I've sworn and been wrong quite a bit in my day.

Thanks as always!

Carrier called me back and for anyone else that runs into this issue in the future, here is the answer.

If you have an old version of Network Service Tool V, the drivers will not work on a computer with windows 7 professional, however, the newer versions will.

However Carrier DOES offer patches to get around that. So make sure that you call to get them before you have to switch over from XP or previous to Windows 7.

call them before, because as of right now...they have to snail mail it to you.

You could always use virtual XP which should be a free download for windows 7 professional.

That's a good point. I actually knew that too, but it didn't register until I read your words reminding me. I was dealing with a co-workers computer and mine is using XP so I don't run into those issues too often.

Thanks!