+ Reply to Thread

Thread: through the duct line set

Post Likes

through the duct line set

Change out at a Mobil home. Original installer went through the duct.

Post Likes
    It's funny the things u find in the field. I mean come on now really through the ducting that's just hacked.

Post Likes
    are you sure that is the duct I have installed in a bunch of trailers and have never seen that . It looks like the duct work behind the line set to me. Actually to put the line through the duct is usually not possible when the furnace is installed in a mobile home. The furnace has a knock out that sits right on top of the spot for that line set and lets the wires and drain and all that hook up. The space next to the line set is where the electrical box of the furnace sits with the sequencers and stuff in them. The hole goes into a small square duct system. I once again have never seen that and believe me I have done a bunch of trailers. I believe that to be a picture of a normal trailer line-set with a normal crappy particle board floor that got screwed up because of the old crappy furnace leaking every where. Trust me I know , I just got done redoing a single wide that I currently reside in and that too was the case here. The floor was gone because the old furnace had leaked everywhere. It had been so long since my furnace had ran that it had stuff making nests in it. They get hacked i just don't think what you are saying is possible and would have to see a picture of the lines actually going through the duct and not a picture of the lines and electrical connection for the furnace going through the floor like they do in every single trailer in the world. Sorry man I just don't think the guy that did this originally is at fault only because I can take you through every trailer park in the south and in almost every one we are going to see the same thing. If you show me the underside of the trailer with the black under wrap cut away and the duct work exposed I will believe you if not then this is what I told y'all .
    Gas and go does not apply to refrigeration

Post Likes

Talking

I went to do a heatpump add on once on a MH. when we went under the MH to run the reff. lines we found that when the MH was placed they forgot to install the cross over duct to the oher side. all the heat was jusy blowing outside. this went on all one wenter. a real hack job.
    a stupid question is a question you wont to ask, but don't

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoMaintPro View Post
    are you sure that is the duct I have installed in a bunch of trailers and have never seen that .
    YES

It looks like the duct work behind the line set to me. Actually to put the line through the duct is usually not possible when the furnace is installed in a mobile home. The furnace has a knock out that sits right on top of the spot for that line set and lets the wires and drain and all that hook up. The space next to the line set is where the electrical box of the furnace sits with the sequencers and stuff in them. The hole goes into a small square duct system. I once again have never seen that
    You may want to pay attention because it can be done (I have pictures to prove it)
    and believe me I have done a bunch of trailers. I believe that to be a picture of a normal trailer line-set with a normal crappy particle board floor that got screwed up because of the old crappy furnace leaking every where. Trust me I know , I just got done redoing a single wide that I currently reside in and that too was the case here. The floor was gone because the old furnace had leaked everywhere. It had been so long since my furnace had ran that it had stuff making nests in it. They get hacked i just don't think what you are saying is possible and would have to see a picture of the lines actually going through the duct
    The second pic is took with the camera inside the duct. The furnace was removed
    and not a picture of the lines and electrical connection for the furnace going through the floor like they do in every single trailer in the world. Sorry man I just don't think the guy that did this originally is at fault
    I guess the trailer fairy came in and move the line set after he left.

only because I can take you through every trailer park in the south and in almost every one we are going to see the same thing. If you show me the underside of the trailer with the black under wrap cut away and the duct work exposed I will believe you if not then this is what I told y'all .
    WOW

Post Likes
    You say WOW like I said something wrong .I can see the vinyl flooring in the second picture. It does not look like it is in the duct mainly because ducts don't have vinyl floor on top of them. It looks like you took it in the closet. I still don't think this is what you say it is , even with the WOW getting typed. I Can see the particle board floor in the picture too. You say you have pictures to prove it yet I do not see them. Please don't come at me with "WOW". I say you are wrong and am giving you the opportunity to prove me different. I don't think your two pics you posted show what you describe. Any one that has ever seen a mobile home furnace knows that the lines and wires would come through the furnace in the blower compartment where there is not a factory cut knock out for the line set. I do pay attention , that is how I know these pics aren't what you claim. These pics do not prove it. The second picture is inside the closet that the furnace sits in. Why don't you have a picture of the underside of the trailer with the lines through the duct? That would prove it.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I am actually changing my mind. I am not having this argument. I have got almost three grand in this piece of junk single wide I live in just for the guy that gave me the place and that also rents me the lot handed me a by the way we gave you a trailer that we owed taxes on paper. Awesome,so I just changed my mind. Those lines can be wherever you want them to be , I am unsubscribing from this thread Sorry , guess I have had my share of trailers this year. It ain't worth arguing with some dude I don't even know on an online forum when I have MUCH larger proverbial fish to fry in the frying pan of life.

Thank you VTP99 for the much needed smiley comic relief.

Post Likes
    You say WOW like I said something wrong .I can see the vinyl flooring in the second picture. It does not look like it is in the duct mainly because ducts don't have vinyl floor on top of them. It looks like you took it in the closet. I still don't think this is what you say it is , even with the WOW getting typed. I Can see the particle board floor in the picture too. You say you have pictures to prove it yet I do not see them. Please don't come at me with "WOW". I say you are wrong and am giving you the opportunity to prove me different. I don't think your two pics you posted show what you describe. Any one that has ever seen a mobile home furnace knows that the lines and wires would come through the furnace in the blower compartment where there is not a factory cut knock out for the line set. I do pay attention , that is how I know these pics aren't what you claim. These pics do not prove it. The second picture is inside the closet that the furnace sits in. Why don't you have a picture of the underside of the trailer with the lines through the duct? That would prove it.
    The second pic is took through the hole where the furnace was sitting. It shows where the line set is coming up through the bottom of the duct work. The yellow is the insulation on the bottom of the duct.
    But I did get the same company that developed the lunar landing pictures to touch these up.

I don't understand why you think I would make something like this up.

If for some reason I have to go back out there I will get a pic of the underside of the UFO.
    Do you think there was another shooter on the grassy nole?

And again WOW

Post Likes
    He didn't mean any harm...........

Chill........

Ya gotta keep a sense of humor around here.........
    "Value our Differences"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stephy View Post
    He didn't mean any harm...........

Chill........

Ya gotta keep a sense of humor around here.........

I have a great sence of humor, except when some calls me a liar or too stupid to know what a duct looks like.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cchc View Post
    I have a great sence of humor, except when some calls me a liar or too stupid to know what a duct looks like.
    I'm with you cchc, the guy was calling you out for no reason. The pics are clear as can be. Maybe he recognized his own hack work

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AccurateHT View Post
    I'm with you cchc, the guy was calling you out for no reason. The pics are clear as can be. Maybe he recognized his own hack work
    Thanks, I thought I may have read it wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I've seen linesets thru duct numerous times.

Since the lineset was run through a hole in the furnace unit, and the front of unit is flush to the wall, that's the only place they could run the lines. no where outside the unit to run them sometimes.
    designer of the trailer persons running the duct at factory screwed up and ran the duct under the front of furnace.

trailer duct is crummy anyway, look like hacked w/ scissors and tap ins beat into top of ducts, but at least they could seal the hole.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    I too have seen lines running through the duct in mobile homes. Refrigerant lines, water lines, electrical lines, etc

Post Likes

through the duct line set

Hate to tell you but the orginal poster is 100% correct i have built serviced and worked on all types of mobile homes aka Manufactured homes the correct term since 1995 when homes have to be built to code.
    my own furance in fact has the oil line comeing in through the out side air duct the burner pulls its air from but i have sinced changed this to the proper opening the maker provided for it.
    you would be shocked at what i have seen over the years in thise old homes.
    20 amp brakers on 14/2 wire
    2 bathroom outlets tied in via the out side service outet.
    you name it the list goes on and on

are you sure that is the duct I have installed in a bunch of trailers and have never seen that . It looks like the duct work behind the line set to me. Actually to put the line through the duct is usually not possible when the furnace is installed in a mobile home. The furnace has a knock out that sits right on top of the spot for that line set and lets the wires and drain and all that hook up. The space next to the line set is where the electrical box of the furnace sits with the sequencers and stuff in them. The hole goes into a small square duct system. I once again have never seen that and believe me I have done a bunch of trailers. I believe that to be a picture of a normal trailer line-set with a normal crappy particle board floor that got screwed up because of the old crappy furnace leaking every where. Trust me I know , I just got done redoing a single wide that I currently reside in and that too was the case here. The floor was gone because the old furnace had leaked everywhere. It had been so long since my furnace had ran that it had stuff making nests in it. They get hacked i just don't think what you are saying is possible and would have to see a picture of the lines actually going through the duct and not a picture of the lines and electrical connection for the furnace going through the floor like they do in every single trailer in the world. Sorry man I just don't think the guy that did this originally is at fault only because I can take you through every trailer park in the south and in almost every one we are going to see the same thing. If you show me the underside of the trailer with the black under wrap cut away and the duct work exposed I will believe you if not then this is what I told y'all .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in