Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I work for a McDonald's owner's in-house maintenace team so I can't afford to if I want my job

Quote Originally Posted by btack View Post
    You're a better man than I. As soon as they pointed to the ABS machine I would have told them to call there coke distributor

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Will be replacing the cold plate at 12am, oh joy, sounds like I will be able to take pictures to post what had to be done

looking forward to the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    Will be replacing the cold plate at 12am, oh joy, sounds like I will be able to take pictures to post what had to be done
    Yes Sir, looking forward to seeing them.

Thank you

Well, was not able to get pictures, took everyone of the 3 people that was there to do the replacement to have our hands doing something with the unit in order for us to get it done before the store opened at 7am.

I hope to god we don't have anything go wrong with the cold plate again. But I'm glad to remember that this store is the only one that doesn't have the multiplex for chilling the syrup before it goes to the ABS and dining room dispenser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    But I'm glad to remember that this store is the only one that doesn't have the multiplex for chilling the syrop
    That's funny as I did that line of work over 8 years ago and did all the mcd's In
    my area and they got rid of this multiplexes back then!

I know I wouldnt want to do a colplate in a big unit!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    That's funny as I did that line of work over 8 years ago and did all the mcd's In
    my area and they got rid of this multiplexes back then!

I know I wouldnt want to do a colplate in a big unit!
    I like working on the multiplexes, so far, but I'm glad that we only have to deal with one cold plate thank god.

I endeded up in getting some old rusty tools in the baths of those multiplexes bath that we pulled out haha
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

so about 18 man hours ballpark?

Quote Originally Posted by vzenuh View Post
    so about 18 man hours ballpark?
    Was about 20 man hours or so. Had to completely take the ABS apart and take the ice bin off the machine to replace the cold plate.

What Kind of Unit is it again? What is ABS? I thought coke only dealt with Lancer and some Cornelius. But, then again I'm not familiar the with type f units Coke has in MCDonalds. Wouldn't it have been easier to just swap the unit. Less time in my opinion. LEss Money.

Im also curious to ask, does Coke not have the service contract with McDonalds to service these units?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    What Kind of Unit is it again? What is ABS? I thought coke only dealt with Lancer and some Cornelius. But, then again I'm not familiar the with type f units Coke has in MCDonalds. Wouldn't it have been easier to just swap the unit. Less time in my opinion. LEss Money.

Im also curious to ask, does Coke not have the service contract with McDonalds to service these units?
    It is a Cornelius, it's the automated beverage system(ABS) that's hooked to the POS system to fill orders for pops. Cornelius replaced the cold plate for free and we just had to install it. The warranty is expired and the boss didn't want to spend the 10,000 or so that the ABS costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornelius in my book is the CREAM of the CROP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast