+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornelius ABS leaking coke out of ice drain tubes

Post Likes

Confused Cornelius ABS leaking coke out of ice drain tubes

I had a call from one of the 16 stores that the company I work for takes care of, they say that there was coke syrup coming out of the drain tube for the ice storage bin. They disconnected the coke so that they wouldn't lose all there coke syrup.

I get there and have them hook the coke syrup back up and as I watching the system I see they coke comming out the drain tubes. I called Coke Smile number and get to tech support and was talking to a senior tech about what I saw and he said that it sounds like the tube that connects to the cold plate is damaged or that the cold plate is damaged for the coke line.

He had me disconnect the coke line from the cold plate and cap it off and see if it still had a problem so that the front counter would have coke. He said that the only way to fix a cold plate is to replace the whole system. Is that correct?

Post Likes
    I have seen the coldplate bypassed entirely. It was on a servend so I am not sure if you can do that on a cornelius. I do believe that it is possible though. For some reason I believe that they use 1/4 line coming out of the cold plate. It may be possible to extend the 3/8 beverage line and use a 3/8 by 1/4 and connect the two. I am 100 percent sure it will affect the brix. So you will need to check that.

The only other options would be a fountain replacement.

Post Likes
    If you break down and take this apart, please take a few pics and share, I'd like to see what I may get into sometime..

Post Likes
    I spoke with someone at Cornelius and he said yes the cold plate is able to be replaced with out replacing the whole unit, not sure when the bosses will get to ordering the new cold plate, so I will take pictures if I'm involved in the changing of it.

Post Likes
    That would be great,,

Post Likes
    Man you have some work ahead of you. I really would like to hear back from you the total manhours on this job.

Post Likes
    it seems like you got 2 choices. 1 find a line that is not being used connect your coke line to the one not being used and switch you coke decal. 2 is replace the unit

Post Likes
    Does your location use a multiplex chiller or a backroom package? If you have a multiplex then ypu could tap into the coke in the chilled bundle and run that to the abs after the cold plate

Post Likes
    This store doesn't have the multiplex in it like the other stores do. This store is in a rest stop with Pilot, and Subway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    isn't ABS systems made specially for McDonalds? this is the automated beverage system from a pc you punch what kind of soda you want and it'll make it for you right?

Post Likes
    That would be correct, it is connected to the POS system. Cornelius called the boss and it sounds like this has happened before but it doesn't happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by flukillo View Post
    isn't ABS systems made specially for McDonalds? this is the automated beverage system from a pc you punch what kind of soda you want and it'll make it for you right?

Post Likes
    The cold plate will be being replaced next Monday morning at 12am

Post Likes
    You're a better man than I. As soon as they pointed to the ABS machine I would have told them to call there coke distributor

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Post Likes
    I work for a McDonald's owner's in-house maintenace team so I can't afford to if I want my job

Quote Originally Posted by btack View Post
    You're a better man than I. As soon as they pointed to the ABS machine I would have told them to call there coke distributor

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Post Likes
    Will be replacing the cold plate at 12am, oh joy, sounds like I will be able to take pictures to post what had to be done

Post Likes
    looking forward to the pics!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    Will be replacing the cold plate at 12am, oh joy, sounds like I will be able to take pictures to post what had to be done
    Yes Sir, looking forward to seeing them.

Thank you

Post Likes
    Well, was not able to get pictures, took everyone of the 3 people that was there to do the replacement to have our hands doing something with the unit in order for us to get it done before the store opened at 7am.

I hope to god we don't have anything go wrong with the cold plate again. But I'm glad to remember that this store is the only one that doesn't have the multiplex for chilling the syrup before it goes to the ABS and dining room dispenser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    But I'm glad to remember that this store is the only one that doesn't have the multiplex for chilling the syrop
    That's funny as I did that line of work over 8 years ago and did all the mcd's In
    my area and they got rid of this multiplexes back then!

I know I wouldnt want to do a colplate in a big unit!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    That's funny as I did that line of work over 8 years ago and did all the mcd's In
    my area and they got rid of this multiplexes back then!

I know I wouldnt want to do a colplate in a big unit!
    I like working on the multiplexes, so far, but I'm glad that we only have to deal with one cold plate thank god.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in