+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Capacitors! Yikes!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Thirty plus years and I have never come near replacing this many run caps in a season! I think in the past three weeks 75% of my calls have been blown caps in condensing units. Unfortunately that's about all that is blowing.

All I can figure is it's the power company dropping back the voltage during these 100 degree days.
    I was just thinking this. I have replaced more caps this year than I think I have in the past 3 combined. But its been Mars, GE and Packard. The majority being Packard.
    Some maybe due to the warmer temps. But I've also replaced quite a few that were only a few years old.

One other thing. We've been steady this summer. Not slammed, steady. So if it weren't for these cheap capacitors, I would have had as much work. Well between that and the cheap leaking A coils.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mh heating View Post
    Had this one the other day. Worst one I've come across. Goodman Unit

wow. Had that one been hanging upside down it probably would have taken out the board.

I like these when hovering homeowners are right there. I get quiet, look at them directly with a serious but hesitant expression like I'm struggling with how to tell them very bad news. Just long enough for their lips to start quivering slightly and that deer in the head lights look creeps into their eyes: "What...OMG that looks awful..it's bad isn't it ($$$)?"

Sigh deeply one more time then smile: "Nah...just messy...probably have ya' going in twenty if all else is well..."

Ya' gotta break up the day somehow...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    wow. Had that one been hanging upside down it probably would have taken out the board.

I like these when hovering homeowners are right there. I get quiet, look at them directly with a serious but hesitant expression like I'm struggling with how to tell them very bad news. Just long enough for their lips to start quivering slightly and that deer in the head lights look creeps into their eyes: "What...OMG that looks awful..it's bad isn't it ($$$)?"

Sigh deeply one more time then smile: "Nah...just messy...probably have ya' going in twenty if all else is well..."

Ya' gotta break up the day somehow...
    I gotta remember that one, and give it a try the next blown cap I see!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in