Hmm whats going on with my system

i installed my system about four weeks and it was running fine. my pressures were 72 over 230 and had a good super heat and sub.cool. well, latey i've notice that my t-stat wasn't dropping temp.So i checked my pressures and now i have 55 over 200. At first i thought i had a leak but when adding freon my pressures stayed the same,Freon goes in but my pressurs go back.Im thinking i have a restriction at my txv. (please help)

Re: whats going on with my system

Originally posted by service roy
    now i have 55 over 200. At first i thought i had a leak but when adding freon my pressures stayed the same, (please help)
    Might want to check if your coil is froze up or ice on it, you can put 30# of freon in a system that is froze up, did you install this yourself? are you a tech? if not with a brand new system I would make a call for help to a service tech. before you damage something.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Sounds like you may still have a leak. Did you pull a vac on the system and use a micron gauge when you installed it?

????

[Edited by jim baughman on 08-25-2006 at 04:13 AM]

Due to Site Rules we are not allowed to discuss "step by step" or "technical issues" in this area.

If you are a professional in the HVAC/R Field, please register as a Professional Member.
    Provide some general information in your profile. This way we can discuss this matter in the Pro-Forums.

After you register as a Professional, we’ll move this post over to the ProTech Forum.

Thanks!

Originally posted by waynesrefrigeration
    Sounds like you may still have a leak. Did you pull a vac on the system and use a micron gauge when you installed it?
    Pulla who? micron isnt that a computer ?
    The Captain.

Pressures don't mean much without knowing the temperatures and conditions the unit is operating in. If all conditions were exactly the same your pressures should be the same

Thumbs up found problem

well guys, i fixed the problem, it was the txv.It wouldn't open all the way.Now its running like a true champ. Thank you very much for information.

So how much crap was on the inlet screen???

Yeah, let's all give Roy an atta-boy! LOL!

Re: found problem

Originally posted by service roy
    well guys, i fixed the problem, it was the txv.It wouldn't open all the way.Now its running like a true champ. Thank you very much for information.
    Did you strap the bulb to the liquid line to make it open up?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Lightbulb sometimes

there was not a screen in the txv, sometimes txv's are design only for the stem to be open half way.Why, i don't know. any suggestions?