garden hose and acid or pressure wash

hey guys me again,

just wondering to clean condenser coils , do most of u use pressure washer or just a good acid and a garden hose

thanks

back wash whenever possible and i like to pressure wash. but that will not work for every customer time and $$$$$$$ but both work. i just did some 25 ton units took all day to have clean water running out the other side but wow pressure droped and amp draw is down units are running much better. the customer is one i have been around for years and trusts me i guess im lucky to have a few of them.
    Do it once. Do it correct.

Garden hose with a coil gun works fine. I don't like the acids or nubrite, I usually use a brand called Viper.

On larger coils or multiple units I like to pressure wash. If its greasy I will spray it with coil cleaner and let it soak in first.

I don't do residential work, but if you are doing residential, I would be leary of using a pressure washer, just for the fact that Johnny Homeowner will see you do it, and then in a month he will try to pressure wash it himself and he will smash all the fins.

and a good call back for 8 hrs of fin straightening lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Garden hose with a coil gun works fine. I don't like the acids or nubrite, I usually use a brand called Viper.

On larger coils or multiple units I like to pressure wash. If its greasy I will spray it with coil cleaner and let it soak in first.

I don't do residential work, but if you are doing residential, I would be leary of using a pressure washer, just for the fact that Johnny Homeowner will see you do it, and then in a month he will try to pressure wash it himself and he will smash all the fins.
    Do it once. Do it correct.

Coil cleaner and hose.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Utahjohn View Post
    and a good call back for 8 hrs of fin straightening lol
    I just did this to my 5 ton packaged unit. lesson learned.

I use Nu calgon condenser and evaporator coil cleaner with hose.

Before a acid wash try to determine where the runoff will go. If it drips on some expensive plants you might want to rethink it.
    Tracers work both ways.