INet 7 Custom Graphics

Hey all,
    Just wanted to get some feedback on how my custom graphics are comming along for my INet 7 system for our school district. I am the HVAC Lead + Control guy for my district. We oversee 50+ facilities, 80% of which are INet.
    I have only been using INet for 3 years now and getting a good handle on the programming side, still a little confused with some calculations but with time and writing it down I catch on.

Alot of our facilities were not programmed properly for efficiency so I am going through and starting a re-commissioning project, which includes total program tweaking and graphic upgrade.

I do most of these graphics during my own time since at work I am really busy doing other things and making sure my techs are taken care of.
    I have been using photoshop on and off as a hobby, most for digital painting and now graphic designing for these control systems.

I know how to create .gif files, but I do not understand how to implement them into the INet graphic page. I tried looking for the .gifs I made in the past, but could never get them to show up or any point except them.

The disconnect boxes the arm switches up/down depending if the green/red light are lit.
    I created another DI point to create a calculation for the Cold Deck coil to glow only if the Fan Status was good+CD Valve.

Creating the Dampers was alot of fun, took about 60 layers to create, I could make them into a .gif to actuate open/close if I needed to, and would like to actually.

Everything here was created from scratch using PS CS3 + PS CS5.

Here is what I have so far, this is the first of 8 Multi-Zone systems on this building.

Thank you!

They do look better in real time, for some reason I can't get these SS to be more HD, I will work on that later.

I plan on making some changes to some of the graphics, I am never satisfied.

Here is my dashboard for my elementary schools, the middle and high schools are on another one, they aren't completed.
    This gives me up to date status for each school connected to INet7, well the basics for the boilers/chillers and pumps.

Interesting Look to the MZ #1

I noticed the Return fans is angled in the opposite direction from the dampers.

How did you create the Coils?

I would suggest looking at this site for some custom graphics.
    https://sites.google.com/site/customgraphicsediting/

They have helped me in the past with some projects.

I don't know what INet 7 since we usually use Tridium Niagara AX, but background images are all the same except for the file type.

Thanks

These are all .bmp 24bit graphics. I wish I could use .png and .gifs, would make it a heck of alot easier for me.

The return fan is just a flipped horizontal of the supply fan. I spent about 6 hrs making that fan, didn't want to spend that time again for another fan atm. I will make adjustments as I go along.

INet 7 is now a Schneider Electric brand, it is a TAC based system. INet is about 25 years old or so. I only been working with it for 3 years now. The school district I work for was monopolized with INet as it was a local control company who developed it during the 80s/90s. It is more costly to install on it's own than Alerton or others. It covers everything that requires controls including assembly lines, security access, BAC, etc...

We have 40 some facilities with Inet atm, and do not see it changing anytime soon. Most of our new schools and upgrades are getting Struxureware or Alerton now. But still stuck with some horrible INet base graphics, just making them look a tad better. I will post what we inherited on Monday, I should have shown a before/after show.

png and gif file

The good thing about png file is they can be converted for free using Microsoft paint, and the gif frames can be exported using another free software call Irfanview.

Something to consider.

I have conmverted the files for another company that uses Alerton whcih requires bmp file.

Thanks

The Problem I am having is INet does not recognize .gif, .png, etc...I have no issues converting most file types for graphics, I use currently Photoshop CS5, soon CS6.

Here is the original MZ1 graphics, these are the base graphics I inherited.

Now a new Dashboard, I was boared so decided to make a Steam Punk style dashboard.

PNG & GIF Conversion.

All PNG, BMP and/or GIF files can be converted to compatible files.

I would recommend using Microsoft Paint which is included in all versions of Windows to convert PNG to JPG files.

As for the Animated GIF I would recommend using Irfanview software since it can extract all of the frames into almost any format required.

You can download from http://www.irfanview.com/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jerome

Free Samples

Quote Originally Posted by Wmagnin View Post
    The Problem I am having is INet does not recognize .gif, .png, etc...I have no issues converting most file types for graphics, I use currently Photoshop CS5, soon CS6.

Here is the original MZ1 graphics, these are the base graphics I inherited.

Now a new Dashboard, I was boared so decided to make a Steam Punk style dashboard.

If you need any Free Fans, Coils or Dampers to improve your graphics just e-mail me.

Thanks

GIF in INET7

INET 7 treats all bitmaps as background images. To create a gif library symbol you must drop the bitmap on a blank INET graphic and then highlight the bitmap. Next save it as a library symbol. This will convert the gif or other bitmap into an INET library symbol that can be used to indicate a point state. Later version of INET7 allow up to eight states.

The INET7 graphics editor software is old technology and cannot handle animation. I have been an INET programmer for about 30 years and still haven't found a way around the restriction. There is a front end software package called MultiLiant workstation that allows animation. The author is Dan Bellows. I don't know if Dan and his crew of scary programmers has finished the INET interface yet. You might want to google the software and see what they have.

Dear sir,

we are using alerton ,ABS3 large software , will it support .Gif format?
    if u have any images plz share to me.