Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Conservative mayor blocks Home Depot over homosexual support

How would liberals react to such a stand by a mayor of a conservative minded city? There would be riots and boycotts and demands for impeachment and election do-overs within moments of such an outrage of a government official acting out against a private business.

YET! This is real;
    Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino also blasted Chick-Fil-A for its stance, and vowed to block a proposed location near the Freedom Trail, a popular Boston tourist spot.....
    ......He said getting licenses to open in the city “will be very difficult – unless they open up their policies.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz21hPIyZqU

Should politicians really be able to choose which descriminatory stands private businesses take for social issues by making it "difficult" for businesses that don't agree with their social standards to conduct business in "public", United States of America, land of the free..... areas?

More leftist divisions of Americans. If homosexuals don't want to buy Chik-Fil-A, they have the right not to do so. Shouldn't the citizens of Boston have the right to decide whether they personally want to support a business rather than have an elected official dictate to them what will be available to them?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

You are right about companies being able to support who ever they want and politicians not getting in the way of them....but that politician has the right to keep businesses from building in his city if he so wishes.

More leftist divisions of Americans. If homosexuals don't want to buy Chik-Fil-A, they have the right not to do so. Shouldn't the citizens of Boston have the right to decide whether they personally want to support a business rather than have an elected official dictate to them what will be available to them?
    Your words, elected official, answer your question.

I don't eat fast food , so I've never been at a Chick-Fil-A. But any elected official that wanted to decide for me, would hear from me. And all of my friends. And anyone else that will listen.

You don't get reelected upsetting your constituents, unless your in New York.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You are right about companies being able to support who ever they want and politicians not getting in the way of them....but that politician has the right to keep businesses from building in his city if he so wishes.
    "His" city? Politicians now own cities? How about states? And the country? I suppose that is why Obama just does what ever he feels like doing, because the United States of America is "his" country?

You have some really odd beliefs for an American.

Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    Your words, elected official, answer your question.

I don't eat fast food , so I've never been at a Chick-Fil-A. But any elected official that wanted to decide for me, would hear from me. And all of my friends. And anyone else that will listen.

You don't get reelected upsetting your constituents, unless your in New York.

jim
    I have no doubt that these fascist politicians that have got into offices will be getting a rude awakening at the polls soon. It is really strange about Boston, though. When Ted Kennedy ruled Massachussets as Senator, I happened to have work in the Boston area. This was at the time that Boston's Big Dig tunnel project was in full swing. When I work away from home, I usually eat at the bar of restaurants where I can converse with the locals.

I had decided to start a little trouble by bad mouthing Ted Kennedy in front of a bunch of Bostonians. Funny thing; I couldn't find anyone that supported Kennedy. It was bizarre. Everyone agreed with me about Kennedy and they all laughed at my jokes about things like; Why does Ted Kennedy want a tunnel highway through Boston? Because you can't drive off the side of a tunnel!

So how do these Democrats actually get elected?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    "His" city? Politicians now own cities? How about states? And the country? I suppose that is why Obama just does what ever he feels like doing, because the United States of America is "his" country?

You have some really odd beliefs for an American.
    Well in the military when you are in charge of a platoon that platoon is called....your platoon when talked to directly....I can think of a few more examples if you need them...just let me know.

Well in the military when you are in charge of a platoon that platoon is called....your platoon when talked to directly....I can think of a few more examples if you need them...just let me know.
    So, every platoon leader can make decisions of what "their" platoon is going to do without regard to the rest of the military?

Your argumentative attitude is getting weaker by the post.

I call HVAC contractors that I work with "my" contractors. Does that mean that "I" can dictate to them how they should work?

This site is "my" site....you got a problem with that?

So, every platoon leader can make decisions of what "their" platoon is going to do without regard to the rest of the military?

Your argumentative attitude is getting weaker by the post.

I call HVAC contractors that I work with "my" contractors. Does that mean that "I" can dictate to them how they should work?

This site is "my" site....you got a problem with that?
    You are right Robo....I'm not going to argue with you...because you thrive on it...you need it...why else would you come up with half of the crap you do? You are addicted to this website, posting, complaining, and getting your frustrations out into the open without having to do it face to face with someone.

You have completely turned this topic that is nonsense in the first place from being about a mayor that made a decision you don't like....into an argument about what I call a person's responsibility.

You are right Robo....I'm not going to argue with you...because you thrive on it...you need it...why else would you come up with half of the crap you do? You are addicted to this website, posting, complaining, and getting your frustrations out into the open without having to do it face to face with someone.

You have completely turned this topic that is nonsense in the first place from being about a mayor that made a decision you don't like....into an argument about what I call a person's responsibility.
    Hey Student, it seems that when you are unable to effectively attack someone else's arguement you just switch to attacking the person instead.

Robo has made some solid arguements in opposition to your position.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

LOL! You obviously don't know a thing about me if you think I am someone who hides behind a keyboard when it comes to contraversial discussions. I'll go face to face or toe to toe with anyone who wants to have a discussion over pretty much anything, and I often do.

I will be at a function in about another three hours with a bunch of people who I have been battling with about business attitudes, especially Obama's latest comments. If you think I shy away from face to face discussions, you don't think very well at all.

The more I read from you, stude, the more I am thinking the person who corrected me about it being a chihuahua is right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Hey Student, it seems that when you are unable to effectively attack someone else's arguement you just switch to attacking the person instead.

Robo has made some solid arguements in opposition to your position.
    Kids! What are we going to do with them?

Speaking of which, I had the opportunity to evaluate sales speeches given by college students at a local college the other day. They were quite impressive.

Kids! What are we going to do with them?

Speaking of which, I had the opportunity to evaluate sales speeches given by college students at a local college the other day. They were quite impressive.
    I was in Baltimore all last week and thought of you however, I was totally busy the entire time with business in Baltimore and Washington DC. And, was in York, PA as well. But unable to get away from the business meetings. Otherwise I would have called you to get together.

Hugh
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

I had decided to start a little trouble
    Oh no....say it aint so!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast