Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Keeping people away and OUT - what do you do? Retail Cases

So I have been working in these dollar stores now, with the multiple door merchandisers. I was wondering what you guys do to keep retail people out of the case when you are working on it. The public seems to have lost it's common sense, and they pay no mind to the ladders and tools and the fact that the lights are out and the food is soggy...... I have seen people move my ladder and tools to get to a stupid soggy frozen pizza...... So what do you do? They ask me if the food is all right and I tell them " I have no idea how long this has been broken - you are at your own risk for if the food is okay or not....."

Tell them to **** off. hahaha
    I just put up with it.....Sucks on a Friday afternoon

Just tell them they can get it free from the dumpster as soon as you get done.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by sweat hog View Post
    Just tell them they can get it free from the dumpster as soon as you get done.
    Lol, like the stores throw the stuff out

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I stand there and when they reach to open the door I tell em they are outta luck...

I always roll out the janitors mop bucket,, Nice and yellow. When they see that they automatically think wet floor walk around. They also mistake u as a janitor so u wont get any Refrigeration questions. Doesn't work always. Used those miniature soccer cones a few times. Your probably on camera so any attempt is good. If there is no camera I will normally ask them if there head is itching.

I was thinking of trying some yellow police tape tied around the door handles........

Quote Originally Posted by tuba View Post
    I was thinking of trying some yellow police tape tied around the door handles........
    I have thought of that also, or a large orange biohazard sign taped to the door may work just as well.... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    I always roll out the janitors mop bucket,, Nice and yellow. When they see that they automatically think wet floor walk around. They also mistake u as a janitor so u wont get any Refrigeration questions. Doesn't work always. Used those miniature soccer cones a few times. Your probably on camera so any attempt is good. If there is no camera I will normally ask them if there head is itching.

Covers OH&S also.

But unless there is no stock , I think there will always be window shoppers , or people that just like to inconvenience us as much as possible.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

I get that all the time! The worst is when your calibrating a t-stat and need to watch it cycle. They will open the door with gauges hanging on the handle without even asking,and my favorite and most asked question is: "Are these drinks cold?". To quote Bill Engval, "Here's your sign!".

I like when they grab the soft ice cream.. I tell em good luck getting that home.

On another note I also like when they seen you working on a case and ask you ware some product is in the store like you work there... I normally just take a wild guess.

Common sense just isn't very common anymore.

actually we are not allowed to just work on the equipment My boss encourages us to yellow tape the section we are working on. haha a sometimes i block off more then i need to because i can (-: that must be annoying i feel for you dude
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast