Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question on a Trane Split

So ok 20 years of Commercial and I really don't get around to monkeying with any thing under 90,000 BTU.

Was working on a Carrier GTN and the Hotel manager asked if I could take a look at this 4 ton split that was dropping water all over the place

Up flow.

Anyway it was a block of ice when I pulled the panels so I buttoned it up and let the fan run to thaw it out. After I got done with the Chiller I went back inside, Ice was gone and then noticed this horizontal pan.

Is this thing supposed to be removed for vertical applications ? Sure looks like a restriction to me.

Anyway right after it thawed out I took pic and was starting to do a little investigation when a coupe of guys in shorts and torn white T-Shirts walked in and told me in broken English that it was their service call.

They were called out 2 days ago. "See Senor" I said knock yourself out, I have a felling I'll be back soon enough probably to pull out 15 pounds of over charged R410 A.

So here's the pic. Just curious,

Also I'm not saying the pan is the problem but it just looks out of place. I didn't get a chance to find out why it was icing up.

If it was flopped on its side and the pan had an actual purpose, would the restriction be less significant or concerning?

Hey hack. Where ya been ?? Been trolling through other HVAC forums throwing a hissy-fits over nothing or have you just been ignoring us ?

Well who cares anyway right ?

Can you believe I'm still here ? You said I was going to be "banned" right ?? Maybe if you hold your breath ? Your brain cells won't know the difference so what do you have to lose right ?

As for your question I don't know. I've seen our install guys pull A coils out flip them around, rearrange pans, remove metal plates, etc and what not so it's why I'm asking.

I forgot about your reading comprehension "issues" so I'll repeat myself and paraphrase.

I don't have a lot of experience with smaller tonnage equipment and especially split systems.

mostly all air handlers are now coming multi position, in which you dont have to remove or change the pan to the other direction like in the old days.
    I will go with an airflow issue on it.
    The small Trane splits leak on the condensing units.

Upflow it comes out for efficiency. Doesn't HAVE to be removed.

Sorry to disappoint sicks, a vacation in between two busy weeks. I see you got in another 2-300 posts...still no work, friends or hobbies?

I didn't want to rub your nose in the obvious about the pan and I'm sure you still don't get the point of it.

I was contacted about teasing you, and asked to back off. I'm sure you got a similar talking to for different reasons.

For multi position air handler. I don't think I've ever seen anyone remove but wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    Sorry to disappoint sicks, a vacation in between two busy weeks. I see you got in another 2-300 posts...still no work, friends or hobbies?
    Jeezus, posting here takes that much time out of your life hack ? Hell it takes a whole 3 minutes to type out a post.

I didn't want to rub your nose in the obvious about the pan and I'm sure you still don't get the point of it.
    Go ahead and rub my nose in it if it makes you feel better. I don't think anyone here expects anything different from you after your public temper tantrum.

It was a honest question and all the teasing in the world won't erase the fact that you openly displayed your lack of integrity on a public forum and acted like a child. Stupid question or not Hack, I'm so much smarter than you.

Whats funny Hack is after your embarrassing display there were multiple new threads about thieves in the industry and sting operations. Lol...

I was contacted about teasing you, and asked to back off. I'm sure you got a similar talking to for different reasons.
    Uhm actually no I wasn't Hack. No one mod contacted me.

You were in the wrong for misrepresenting my post in your little cry fest in "The Lounge".

I've been told to tone it down over a different poster once and I may be told to " stop teasing you " ( what are you 4 years old hack ) after this post but no I didn't hear anything from the mods telling me to back off.

You're main malfunction is you won't and don't take any responsibility for your actions. If I step out of line or I make a mistake I man up and apologize and I've done it here a couple of times.

We all make mistakes. My problem with you is you don't possess the humility to recognize the value of integrity. So keep it up.

Who said anything about moderator contact? I'm sure they appreciate my posting manners...see post#2 of this thread~ professional, helpful, and polite.

Ill cut and paste the email I got regarding my treatment towards you, along with my reply:

Dear Btu,

My name is Agnes Six and I’m Six’s mother.

How dare you mock and ridicule my son. Have you no shame? My son is struggling through some very serious mental health setbacks, struggles that we are addressing with intense psychotherapy and medications. Obviously he has skipped a few doses and chosen to self medicate with alcohol, but a person with your obvious intelligence should be able to recognize that you’re dealing with an unwell person.

If Six were the ordinary person he attempts to project himself as, I’d agree that your ability to lead him around and entice him into humiliating himself would be hilarious, but the fact is, he’s just a pimple faced 27 y/o who lives in his parent’s basement, hears voices, perceives irrational external threats, and has illusions of grandeur. Some ill people believe they are Napoleon, our helpless son chooses to believe that he’s a top notch A/C tech. One time, the neighbors called the police due to his disruption. He was yelling at our a/c unit, some conspiracy about the price of capacitors and a contractors desire to actually make a profit.

I respectfully ask that you disregard his behavior in the future and want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to correct his illness and integrate him into society as a productive member.

I’ve attached a video addressing the mental health topic and suggest that you view it and reconsider your behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmxFVcge9Y

Sincerely,
    Agnes Six

Dear Agnes,

I watched the video, it was an eye opener and I empathize with your struggle. I apologize to you for my behavior and I feel just horrible that I overlooked his obvious symptoms.

My initial concern was his betraying remarks (Benedict Arnold) towards the industry and the unnecessary harm he was doing to the industry’s reputation. I soon realized that my concerns were escaping his reasoning and choose to foolishly tease him for sport during periods of boredom.

An apology from Six won’t be needed. I never took his critical and irrational rants seriously or personally. I have family, friends, hobbies, and a business to base my self worth on,..my ego isn’t hinged on irrational internet opinions. Id also like to have you encourage to continue his participation in the forum, at least until the moderators have had their fill of his disruptions.

I’m more than willing to extend a sincere apology to Six providing he meets one condition. He must offer proof that he is receiving appropriate treatment for his disorder and is complying with doctor’s orders.

Signed, BTU

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DAD, YOU ROCK
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

This site was / is supposed to be about a/c & r

Not enhanced vocabulary high school locker room semantics

Its about Trane split system or supposed to be.

Any input on the photo ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast