Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Goodman Experts,

Just had a new heatpump system CPRT60 and variable speed AEPF4260 handler installed by a licensed installer, hooked to a Honeywell Vision Pro TH8321U1006 Thermostat. Problem is that if the system type is set to HEATPUMP (option 2) in the thermostat, the system cools great, but *never* shuts off, even if the system is set to off on the thermostat. Both the indoor and outdoor units continue to run.

If the system type is set to 1 in the thermostat, (1 conventional cool(a/c), 1 conventional heat) the system cools fine AND shuts off when temperature reached.

The installer thinks the Vision Pro is defective, but I have tried another thermostat and the results are exactly the same, (never shuts off when cooling) when system type is heatpump.

So, what did the installer miss? Is there something that needs to be set (jumper??, switch) on the airhandler that would cause this behavior? He says he's not totally up on Goodman stuff.

Thermostat wiring appears to be correct.

Thanks in advance!

He should call Goodman tech support, as it sounds like somethings wired wrong. Could be a bad stat, but I'm going with wiring/programming.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

That t-stat should have heat pump conn on left side and singlestage on the right side of the terminals,sounds like they maybe have it hooked up on singlestage.

you have an installer problem, not an equipment problem !
    Have a competant technician correct this.
    The Captain.

if that is goodmans v-s air handler he has to re wire the control board even take loose a jumper wire, they come pre wired for ac not heat pump

Yes, its a V-S. I'm doubting he did the rewire, so that's probably it. The manuals for the handler were still sealed in their bags so he never even looked at them.

Not only that, but when he left today he (inadvertantly) left his gauges and a tank of freon hooked up to the outside unit liquid line! The compressor was sounding a bit louder than before, so I shut the unit off and am hoping nothing is awry.

Originally posted by palmetto air
    if that is goodmans v-s air handler he has to re wire the control board even take loose a jumper wire, they come pre wired for ac not heat pump

Hint; seek out orange jumper and eliminate. Next; be sure nothing is attached to "Y1".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

After *I* (not he) RTFM, I saw the O-Y1 wire to be removed/cut in the schematics, and will tell him to check yellow is on Y/Y2 as well.

This may just work in the end...

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Hint; seek out orange jumper and eliminate. Next; be sure nothing is attached to "Y1".

Installer came by, removed his gauges and freon tank from the unit that he left there yesterday, told me the buzzing noise was the reversing valve and something to do with my 'complicated' vision pro thermostat, which I should replace with a simple one. Then he left...

Anyway, I removed the O-Y1 jumper on the AEPF airhander board, set the system type to HEAT PUMP on the Vision Pro, and low and behold it is now working and shutting off correctly as it should.

Last time I use this guy...

Oops

On my first variable speed install I forgot to take the y to o jumper out. This caused that loud buzzing sound out the reversing valve. I have found that if somethings wrong with equipment out of the box its usually an install problem rather than faulty equipment.

Wiring the outdoor unit to the Y1 terminal will really screw things up as well. The outdoor contactor will get a constant bleed of about 14 volts that will sometimes turn the outdoor unit and indoor blower on but most times chatters the outdoor contactor until it dies. More reversing valves have been condemned over techs not reading the instructions on this unit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I think I am having exactly the same problem. It seems we were using the same guy. Are you saying jumper O-Y1 should be removed. What about thermostat wiring. I thought Y1 and Y2 should be connected to thermostat. What other wires should I use?

Sounds like more internet purchases, and cheapest installer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast