Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tstat question

Post Likes

Tstat question

I was looking at the install guide the hvac contractor left for my t-stat on my new home. They installed the outside unit last week and have it up and running. I have the York 8t two stage heat pump and have aux strips. Is this the right stat?

outdoor- YZH06011
    indoor- AHE60D+TXV
    Tstat- TH6220D1002

The thermostat installed (model TH6220D1002) as part of the HVAC system is compatible with the two-stage condenser unit. The stat will run the second stage only if needed when the first stage cannot achieve the desired temperature. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fordracing19 View Post
    I was looking at the install guide the hvac contractor left for my t-stat on my new home. They installed the outside unit last week and have it up and running. I have the York 8t two stage heat pump and have aux strips. Is this the right stat?

outdoor- YZH06011
    indoor- AHE60D+TXV
    Tstat- TH6220D1002
    Honeywell specs show 2 heat one cool heat pump or 2 heat 2 cool conventional

So I would say no you would need to go up to the Vision Pro

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with the equipment, but I am with the HW stats.

I would use the VisionPro 8000 series(or better/higher models) with the outdoor sensor.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    The vision pro looks nice but I think the 6320 will work. I'm not paying for it and just need the right one so the 2 stage will work. I guess depending on if the y or y2 is connected on the unit determines if I am currently getting stage 1 or 2?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I am not familiar with the equipment, but I am with the HW stats.

I would use the VisionPro 8000 series(or better/higher models) with the outdoor sensor.
    The aux heat is controlled by the defrost board on that heat pump.It has its own outdoor temp sensor.The 8000 series wouldn't help much if any The stat wires to the defrost board to tell it if aux heat is being called for, and the defrost board determines if its needed or not, the same as an 8000 with an outdoor sensor. .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The aux heat is controlled by the defrost board on that heat pump.It has its own outdoor temp sensor.The 8000 series wouldn't help much if any The stat wires to the defrost board to tell it if aux heat is being called for, and the defrost board determines if its needed or not, the same as an 8000 with an outdoor sensor. .
    OD stat on unit is only keeping aux from coming on above its set point, or does it also lock out pump below a set point?

Cust has a Nordyne unit that has OD snap disk type stat, but it only locks strips out above its set point so pump runs in 0° or lower along with strips.

In that case, trying to determine if the 8000 would be more beneficial, same in this case?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    OD stat on unit is only keeping aux from coming on above its set point, or does it also lock out pump below a set point?

Cust has a Nordyne unit that has OD snap disk type stat, but it only locks strips out above its set point so pump runs in 0° or lower along with strips.

In that case, trying to determine if the 8000 would be more beneficial, same in this case?

Also can be set to lock out heat pump below X temp. Although the YZH is still efficient at 0°F outdoor temp.

That defrost board also controls hot heat pump operation when wired up properly and enabled.

Post Likes
    For a two stage compressor should the AH blow at two different speeds?

Post Likes
    Also can be set to lock out heat pump below X temp. Although the YZH is still efficient at 0°F outdoor temp.

That defrost board also controls hot heat pump operation when wired up properly and enabled.
    Thanks.

I have not seen one of these before.

Post Likes
    For a two stage compressor should the AH blow at two different speeds?

Yes, or it wouldn't be able to dehumidify much in first stage.

Post Likes
    Thanks.

I have not seen one of these before.
    They're real nice units. The defrost board cn be intimidating when you first look at it. But its easy to set up.

Post Likes
    Yes, or it wouldn't be able to dehumidify much in first stage.
    But it will change two different speeds with the ecm blower? Vs blower isn't required?

Post Likes
    A VS blower is best to use, as it can be slowed down in both first and second stage for better moisture removal. Along with more CFM settings then just the 5 speed settings of a X13 motor.

Post Likes
    Hvac guys are here finally. They installed a honeywell 8320. They are also taking room temps and I hope the get everything evened out. Master bedroom is running 5-7* hotter than the rest the house.

Post Likes
    Well I think this is the right stat but installed wrong still? Unit has cycled twice and tstat is 73 master bed temp is 77. They said they installed a damper to the laundry room but I know that comes right off the plenum and has nothing to do with the branch runs to the master.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I mentioned whether or not the outside was hooked up right and he said he fixed it but y and y2 are tied together.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Not wired right at the stat or heat pump. He needs to learn to read the instructions. Wired right, good chance it would minimize the temp difference you have.

Post Likes
    Roger that. I didn't think it was but I'm not the one in the service van.

Post Likes
    The AOP forums/Ask Our Pro's forums, are restricted to only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, questions or commentary in a thread created by someone else. You need to apply for your vetting/* if you wish to participate in threads in the AOP forums. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-07-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    Well I think this is the right stat but installed wrong still? Unit has cycled twice and tstat is 73 master bed temp is 77. They said they installed a damper to the laundry room but I know that comes right off the plenum and has nothing to do with the branch runs to the master.

The AOP forums/Ask Our Pro's forums, are restricted to only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, questions or commentary in a thread created by someone else. You need to apply for your vetting/* if you wish to participate in threads in the AOP forums. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in