Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 135

Thread: Made in the USA

  1. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Weren't the same allegations swirling around bush in 04? Remember Swift Boat Veterans for Truth? It's the same garbage every 4 years.
    And no I will not provide a half baked, obscure blog as a reference.
    Well at least you admin your references are half baked and obscure. That's a step in the right direction.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Keokuk, IA
    Posts
    5,520
    At the time of that election, I actually met a gentleman that served with Kerry. He said the whole story was a big pile of bulls*** and he was proud to have served under his command. How's that for a source?

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You still do not get it do you...

    What EACH elected office holder does WILL affect YOUR life. YOU are NOT immune to SERIOUSLY BAD things being forced on you by the govt. Taking an 'I do not care' attitude is literally p*ssing into the wind... and you WILL get peed on as a result. Do you WANT to be peed on? Because with the attitude you have, I can GUARANTEE you it will happen.

    Sheesh... what has gotten into folks heads? They really think their vote does not matter. Fact is... BHO's crowd is probably pushing that attitude, so they can keep you away from the poles and win. Do you REALLY want BHO in the WH for the next 4 years? Do you REALLY think your not voting will send a message? Please give me REAL answers to these questions... that is, unless you are part of the volunteer crowd on BHO's staff trying to get conservatives to not vote at all... Are you?
    I never said that votes do not count...quite the opposite actually....our votes count so much that if we were to stop voting for the puppets they put in front of us that sooner or later there would be no more puppets to vote for. We need real leadership in America...and the only way to get that is to stop voting for whoever can lie the best or is just slightly better than the other guy but is still complete garbage.

    I care a lot about what happens to this country, I do live here...but in my mind the ones that do not care about the place they live are the ones that are simply voting for this guy because he's a democrat or this guy simply because he's republican even though they may not care for the person...I'll say it again...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GUY WHY VOTE FOR HIM?

    Never would I try to persuade someone to stop voting simply because I wanted one person to win over the other...that is foolish and is destroying the rights and freedoms of other people....I don't appreciate being called one of these characters.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I never said that votes do not count...quite the opposite actually....our votes count so much that if we were to stop voting for the puppets they put in front of us that sooner or later there would be no more puppets to vote for. We need real leadership in America...and the only way to get that is to stop voting for whoever can lie the best or is just slightly better than the other guy but is still complete garbage.

    I care a lot about what happens to this country, I do live here...but in my mind the ones that do not care about the place they live are the ones that are simply voting for this guy because he's a democrat or this guy simply because he's republican even though they may not care for the person...I'll say it again...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GUY WHY VOTE FOR HIM?

    Never would I try to persuade someone to stop voting simply because I wanted one person to win over the other...that is foolish and is destroying the rights and freedoms of other people....I don't appreciate being called one of these characters.
    I agree with most of what you say... except:

    If Mutt got 10 votes and BHO got 11... out of the WHOLE USA (that is something like 200Million registered voters)... guess who would be POTUS... yeah, you got it: BHO.

    My point is: Whomever gets the most of the votes CAST... wins. Witholding one's vote does nothing but support the other candidate.

    IMO not voting is wasting one's vote.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,010
    I disagree, abstaining is almost a vote in and of itself. Up here we have atleast 4 national parties, 3 of which are actually contenders, voting for the fringe party just because one piece of their obscure platform seems appealing would be wasting your vote.
    If enough people abstain then there is no majority, thus the "winner" has no mandate to govern. It would be interesting to see what would happen if say voter turn out was in the 20-30% range. Are there laws or statutes in the US dictating what happens in that case?

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    11,998
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    At the time of that election, I actually met a gentleman that served with Kerry. He said the whole story was a big pile of bulls*** and he was proud to have served under his command. How's that for a source?
    Kerry was a traitor, he threw his medals over the WH fence, he was a founding member of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War VVAW. He was pro commie and a liar. He was a disgrace to the uniform. No self respecting Nam vet would have any thing to do with that commie lover. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Kerry was a traitor, he threw his medals over the WH fence, he was a founding member of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War VVAW. He was pro commie and a liar. He was a disgrace to the uniform. No self respecting Nam vet would have any thing to do with that commie lover. Thank you, thank you very much
    Ahhh, yet another intelligent, articulate comment from Joseph McCarthy himself.
    1954 called, they want their paranoia back glennac

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I agree with most of what you say... except:

    If Mutt got 10 votes and BHO got 11... out of the WHOLE USA (that is something like 200Million registered voters)... guess who would be POTUS... yeah, you got it: BHO.

    My point is: Whomever gets the most of the votes CAST... wins. Witholding one's vote does nothing but support the other candidate.

    IMO not voting is wasting one's vote.
    So fear is the motive that causes people to run to the polls.

    What would our brave and defiant forefathers think about us running in fear to vote for some person we don't even like?

    They would probably spit on us and throw us out of the country that they died for.

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I disagree, abstaining is almost a vote in and of itself. Up here we have atleast 4 national parties, 3 of which are actually contenders, voting for the fringe party just because one piece of their obscure platform seems appealing would be wasting your vote.
    If enough people abstain then there is no majority, thus the "winner" has no mandate to govern. It would be interesting to see what would happen if say voter turn out was in the 20-30% range. Are there laws or statutes in the US dictating what happens in that case?
    You do not understand how it is in the USA... If Mutt receives 10 votes and BHO receives 11 votes (total for each)... then BHO wins and is POTUS for the next 4 years.

    Now do you REALLY want to let 10 people determine your future for 4 years? I hope nobody at this forum is that short-sighted.

    To not vote (and I mean vote for someone that CAN win) is to let someone else determine your future... or it is a cop-out. Personally, I think it is a reflection of childish pride... 'I do not get to make the rules the way I want, so I will take my marbles and go home'. Guess what: The marble game goes on without you... and you are STILL responsible to the others who are still playing.
    If one does not vote... they LOOSE! Because they are still required to follow the laws made by the winner (won by however few votes) over the term of office.

    Lets go back to my example: Mutt gets 10 votes and BHO gets 11 votes. ALL 300Mil+ citizens of the USA will be affected by the laws BHO makes. Suppose BHO gets us into a HOT war in teh middle east... and as a result terrorists strike the USA... Guess what: YOU WILL SUFFER!

    To not vote is IMO just plain stupid.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So fear is the motive that causes people to run to the polls.

    What would our brave and defiant forefathers think about us running in fear to vote for some person we don't even like?

    They would probably spit on us and throw us out of the country that they died for.
    There is NO fear in it... there is LOTS of common sense in it.

    Read my previous post... would you really want the vote of 10 people to elect a crazy fool, one you will be responsible to for the next 4 years?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    11,998
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Ahhh, yet another intelligent, articulate comment from Joseph McCarthy himself.
    1954 called, they want their paranoia back glennac
    Glad to oblige. The truth hurts don't you know. Kerry and Hanoi Jane are birds of a feather both anti American commies. McCarthy was a good man smeared by the left Democrats and some turn coat Republicans. Wish we were back in the good old 50's when I was a teenager in TN. We were all most all natural born Americans back then. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    There is NO fear in it... there is LOTS of common sense in it.

    Read my previous post... would you really want the vote of 10 people to elect a crazy fool, one you will be responsible to for the next 4 years?
    They are all crazy fools...what about this do you not understand?

    Every four years it's the same thing...people vote for people they complain about...and we have another 4 years of complaining.

    Just like the gas prices dropping briefly every 4 years...happens every election...but every time it's the same thing...people complaining about gas prices like it was unexpected.

    The whole thing is kind of pathetic.

    I would like just once...to see a man or woman in office that was not wealthy or did not have multi-billion dollar companies backing them up.

  13. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Off the wall question here, just because I am not as familiar with your system. What can the president actually do if the other party holds the House and the Senate? I know he can veto things maybe even appoint people to various posts (but I might be wrong on that). But does not the actual legislation get written and passed by the other two levels of government?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event