Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Made in the USA

I can't help but notice that the OP, Elvis (glennac) hasn't reposted since making this thread. Hilarious...

As for the question of what you guys should do, I would suggest doing the exact opposite of whatever is going on right now, because that is clearly not working!

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I can't help but notice that the OP, Elvis (glennac) hasn't reposted since making this thread. Hilarious...

As for the question of what you guys should do, I would suggest doing the exact opposite of whatever is going on right now, because that is clearly not working!
    What's going on is that both republicans and democrats are working together to royally screw everyone but themselves, and we buy into the whole "Everything is going to be better now since my affiliated party got elected" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The nuns would be a GREAT idea except someone would use it against religion, calling the nuns radicals and would further take the fight to Christianity.
    Nuns are radicals.....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    I don't mind buying stuff made in Canada...after all, they look like us and almost talk like us. I just wish they'd take back William Shatner and Gary Trudeau...
    What's wrong with Shatner and Trudeau? Trudeau may be a flaming liberal, but his stuff is still funny. Shatner is an icon!

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    What's going on is that both republicans and democrats are working together to royally screw everyone but themselves, and we buy into the whole "Everything is going to be better now since my affiliated party got elected" BS.
    Pretty much.....but your guy is still worse than my guy is.....

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Wrong! We don't need to decrease the standard of living for American workers, we need to decrease the abuses on the American worker by government and organized labor factions.

The American worker is the Golden Goose that is being killed by government, environmental organizations and labor unions.
    In 2010, the percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total labor union "density") was 11.4%, compared to 18.6% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, and 70% in Finland.[1] Union membership in the private sector has fallen under 7%[2] — levels not seen since 1932. From wikipedia. Republicans keep attacking and blaming the unions, their number dropping, more sharply in recent years, and so does the economy. Also the countries with large unions are doing fairly well. Of course I'm sure that one has nothing to do with the other.

I am very disappointed in New Balance. There is no where near a third of New Balance shoes made in the U.S. There is only one style made in the U.S. and that is the most blah looking shoe on the market. New Balance is just using the "made in U.S." slogan as a way to trick unsuspecting consumers to buy their foreign made products. I don't want to have to work as hard as one has to work just to find out if the product we are buying really is made in the U.S.
    Have you ever been in a New Balance Store, or on the New Balance Web Site? Also it says on the end of the box where the shoes are made, USA made shoes have an American flag on the box. Can't get any plainer than that.

Made in the USA,as if it matters but when demand drops and people stop spending on large ticket items,and it will continue to fall you get this.

Nothing has been resolved since the 2008 melt down only kicking the can down the road and pretending we are in a recovery.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/trane-layoffs-in-tyler-0
    FEN

There will always be local companies putting out products that find a market niche nut if you want to go head to head with a product on a global scale it is hard to beat China/India. You have the manufacturing infrastructure there to support most consumer products along with cheap labor and minimal protection to their health or the economy. Try starting up a LCD display manufacturing company in the USA, it ain't going to happen without massive giveaways from government in taxes and wages. And when you give a company the breaks needed to attract them then the one's you do have will be asking for special treatment also.

Makes perfect economic sense. The world will be on a level playing field once standards come down here (standard of living, environmental and safety) and they come up in China/India/Pakistan...
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

pervert politicians doing even more bad things just so they will be disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    In 2010, the percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total labor union "density") was 11.4%, compared to 18.6% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, and 70% in Finland.[1] Union membership in the private sector has fallen under 7%[2] — levels not seen since 1932. From wikipedia. Republicans keep attacking and blaming the unions, their number dropping, more sharply in recent years, and so does the economy. Also the countries with large unions are doing fairly well. Of course I'm sure that one has nothing to do with the other.
    If you would be so kind as to show some sort of support for your claims, we might be able to consider them to be true. Otherwise, what you have just posted is useless.

The organized labor forces in the U.S. are now mostly in the public sector. This makes organized labor more costly to Americans not only in the cost of doing business, but in the fact that every dollar wasted by government has to be paid for by the American workers.

Since there are many differences between American labor unions and labor unions in other parts of the world, any blanket statement about labor unions is worthless drivel.

The U.S. is at a point where it costs more for us to do business than we can earn in return. Every single government worker, labor union payment to government workers and government entity is a deficit to all Americans. We need more assets and less deficits if we are to survive as a nation.

Take for instance how Amtrak is allowed to operate at a grotesque loss just because government continues to pump the hard earned money of American workers into it;
    It costs taxpayers $3.40 for each can of soda the U.S. passenger railroad sells on its trains, and Amtrak charges $2.00, the Florida Republican said at a hearing today.
    Taxpayers subsidized $68,477 in losses in 2011 for each Amtrak food-service employee, he said, citing Government Accountability Office estimates.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...mica-says.html

Everything that government is involved in costs Americans more, and forced organized labor is a major reason for those costs. What is really ironic is that government is taking the stand that "governement" is apt to screw over employees and that is why government employees need labor unions. REALLY?! Government is where the rules for labor come from and government needs labor unions to prevent government from doing that which government has laws against......INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Have you ever been in a New Balance Store, or on the New Balance Web Site? Also it says on the end of the box where the shoes are made, USA made shoes have an American flag on the box. Can't get any plainer than that.
    Of course I have. That is why I am so upset with New Balance. Based on the hype from New Balance that their shoes are made in the U.S., I purchased two pairs only to find they were both made in China. When I checked which shoes are made in the U.S., they were not styles I would ever have purchased.

New Balance even admits that only 25% of New Balance shoes are made in the U.S. AND GUESS WHO BUYS MOST OF THEM?! Our government buys most of the shoes made by New Balance by American workers for military personnel. That's right! The only way a U.S. manufacturer can continue operating in the U.S. is if it is subsidized by government. The same thing is happening with the Chevy Volt.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    There will always be local companies putting out products that find a market niche nut if you want to go head to head with a product on a global scale it is hard to beat China/India. You have the manufacturing infrastructure there to support most consumer products along with cheap labor and minimal protection to their health or the economy. Try starting up a LCD display manufacturing company in the USA, it ain't going to happen without massive giveaways from government in taxes and wages. And when you give a company the breaks needed to attract them then the one's you do have will be asking for special treatment also.

Makes perfect economic sense. The world will be on a level playing field once standards come down here (standard of living, environmental and safety) and they come up in China/India/Pakistan...
    The niche market for New Balance, just as it is for GM (Government Motors), is government spending money taken from American workers to make it appear that American companies can successfully produce products in the U.S. It is one big pyramid scam that is turning upside down.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast