Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Since this got a little off topic; a couple of other things made in the USA. A third of the New Balance shoes, Smartwool socks. We also have luggage stand that is made in the USA. Hardwood Artisans furniture is made in Virginia. It's so well built it could be passed on to the grandkids, when they're adults.
    I am very disappointed in New Balance. There is no where near a third of New Balance shoes made in the U.S. There is only one style made in the U.S. and that is the most blah looking shoe on the market. New Balance is just using the "made in U.S." slogan as a way to trick unsuspecting consumers to buy their foreign made products. I don't want to have to work as hard as one has to work just to find out if the product we are buying really is made in the U.S.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Red wing boots has a line made in China.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    If we want to be truly Completive on a Worldwide basis, we need to have no taxes on goods that are exported, this includes fuel taxes to get it to the destination if it is shipped on a USA flagged carrier. Goods that are imported need to have a manufacturing and a fuel tax placed on them before they are off loaded. This will put US Manufactres on the same level with imported goods tax wise. The US Manufactures would still be taxed on domestic destined goods, as there is no reason for individual tax payers to subsides all the infastructure the manufactures use.
    Taxing internal sales to subsidize exports is a, well, subsidy. How long do you think before other countries slap an import duty on your items to level the playing field?

No, you got to get your cost structure down. Hate to say it but that will involve a drop in the standard of living for the average working guy to compete with the low wage working guy in China.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Taxing internal sales to subsidize exports is a, well, subsidy. How long do you think before other countries slap an import duty on your items to level the playing field?

No, you got to get your cost structure down. Hate to say it but that will involve a drop in the standard of living for the average working guy to compete with the low wage working guy in China.
    Wrong! We don't need to decrease the standard of living for American workers, we need to decrease the abuses on the American worker by government and organized labor factions.

The American worker is the Golden Goose that is being killed by government, environmental organizations and labor unions.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Yes we're 5 more trillion dollars in the hole because roughly half of the US voters think we should have elected and did elect someone with zero experience in .......anything.

It's that politicians general assertion that we become more like you guys.....hmmmmm...

Name the cities you call cesspools please. I can name a few and they're controlled by Liberal Democrats who I rail against on this forum daily. You know as much about America as I know about Canada.

Who's killing each other in America ? Remember we're a Country of over 340 million people. 12 people in Colorado ? The thugs in Chicago ?? Seriously ?

Your Ameri-hate is showing.
    I don't hate the US, or Americans. As much as Canadians like to ***** about Americans, we'd much rather have you on top than the communists. But jeebus, all we want is for you guys to get your sh!t together! It's just that simple.
    Sitting in your computer chair calling each other communists and fascists only wastes time.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I don't hate the US, or Americans. As much as Canadians like to ***** about Americans, we'd much rather have you on top than the communists. But jeebus, all we want is for you guys to get your sh!t together! It's just that simple.
    Sitting in your computer chair calling each other communists and fascists only wastes time.
    So now you think you should have the right to dictate to others how we spend our leisure time? Niiiccce

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Cutting taxes is easy but on the same page you have to get your expenditures down. No sense in the government going further in the red with the companies doing well and the politicians taking the flack. Reducing government spending will depress the economy until the businesses pick up the slack. And in that time you are going to have a lot of unhappy people with no source of income. It would be a tough pill to swallow when unemployment is considered high already. I would think up to a 5% cut in government expenditures a year would be the most you could manage without too many people shooting up the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Government needs to be operated as a business is operated. No government should ever go into the red unless it was for a state of emergency, such as war or natural disaster, at which time government would need to responsibly increase tax revenue only for as long as it takes to pay off excess expenditures due to the emergency needs to spend.

But that's not what government does. Government continues to collect additional revenue after an unexpected expediture by creating other "needs" for that money. Then when another unexpected expenditure comes up, government needs to again increase tax revenue to pay for that emergency which government the creates more "need" to continue collecting that revenue....and the cycle of increasing government goes on and on until the amount of revenue able to be collected cannot meet the amount of expenditure by a now bloated government. At this point, government borrows to pay for expenditures.

These are the reasons we keep getting more and more perceived "emergencies" and "scary situations" from government. This is why environmental scary stories are being perpetuated by government agencies. Government needs to keep us in a perpetual state of fear in order to justify continuing to take our money through taxation or to borrow money.

We the people need to stop the madness that is overbloated, too powerful government or our countries will simply go broke and eventually our governments will collapse, leaving we the people subject to governmental take over either by coup or by attack from foreign factions.
    I like the idea of govt being run like a business... with one caveat: They are NOT in the business of expansion nor making a profit. They are in the business of careful and efficient mgt of OTHER FOLKS MONEY. In that respect, they should be as thrifty as they can.

Remember the stories of the Nuns at Catholic school... Whack you with a ruler if you got out/line? Well perhaps we need to send a few busloads of those Nuns to Wash DC... with the task of getting Congress in line... Oh, perhaps we will need more than a few busloads... more like a half dozen for each contresscritter.

Lessee... If we had, say, 10 per congresscritter, that works out to 5350. Enough to literally watch every one of them like a hawk, and watch them 24/7. Yeah, I could approve that program...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    OK, I can agree with this... the USA really DOES need to get their stuff together...

Just for discussion purposes... what would you suggest we do to get our stuff in line?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OK, I can agree with this... the USA really DOES need to get their stuff together...

Just for discussion purposes... what would you suggest we do to get our stuff in line?
    I am curious to hear a different take myself.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I like the idea of govt being run like a business... with one caveat: They are NOT in the business of expansion nor making a profit. They are in the business of careful and efficient mgt of OTHER FOLKS MONEY. In that respect, they should be as thrifty as they can.

Remember the stories of the Nuns at Catholic school... Whack you with a ruler if you got out/line? Well perhaps we need to send a few busloads of those Nuns to Wash DC... with the task of getting Congress in line... Oh, perhaps we will need more than a few busloads... more like a half dozen for each contresscritter.

Lessee... If we had, say, 10 per congresscritter, that works out to 5350. Enough to literally watch every one of them like a hawk, and watch them 24/7. Yeah, I could approve that program...
    LOL! Now I've got this image of radical nuns roaming the White House, disciplining bad politicians, and pervert politicians doing even more bad things just so they will be disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    LOL! Now I've got this image of radical nuns roaming the White House, disciplining bad politicians, and pervert politicians doing even more bad things just so they will be disciplined.
    Would you rather have an image in your mind of Barney Franks and his spouse... IMO this falls somewhere between and ...

I would LOVE to see a movie where a pack of Nuns did just what you mentioned... roamed the WH & Congress and set folks straight. Would be a HOOT, and I bet it would sell at the box office. Needs a good plot and a good ending though... just the discipline would not keep one's attention for 2+ hours.

I am seeing Sister Act 3... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

The nuns would be a GREAT idea except someone would use it against religion, calling the nuns radicals and would further take the fight to Christianity.

I don't mind buying stuff made in Canada...after all, they look like us and almost talk like us. I just wish they'd take back William Shatner and Gary Trudeau...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast