Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yes, the Kardashians will be forced to cut down on their massive use of eye makeup......and what of poor Paris Hilton?

Ohhhhhhhh, the horror, the horror.
    Again youv'e missed the very obvious point of my post and gone off on a progressive tangent thats based on years and years of self loathing and feelings of inadequecy.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I can see how you would think that since there are so many websites, news programs, and politicians who are all about telling half truths saying this....but the problem is that our corporate tax rate ranges from 0% to 39%....not just 39%

These websites that you are looking at are only giving us the rating we have because they are only looking at the last number....if you take a corporate tax rate from anywhere below 39% you would find that our national ranking would drop significantly....especially if you ranked off of an average number of businesses taxed at 39% VS. another country which is taxed at a lower rate but everyone pays...not like us where many companies pay 0%.
    Actually the median corporate tax rate if you add State and local taxes with Federal is 39%.

My point was further taxation on bussiness will increase suffering among the middle class.

States that are growing are the one that understand bussiness need incentives in order to invest in this troubling economic time.

Lower it to zer and get the Obama administratuon out of office and then you'll see expansion.

Our economy shrunk almost a full percentage point last quarter. In the summer of recovery no less.

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    A product only needs to have 50% of the parts that it is made of manufactured in the US to be labled 'made in america'. Just becasue it sais made in america doesn't mean that 50% of it wasn't made in china...

And the inverse is also true, it doesn't mean that it was.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Actually the median corporate tax rate if you add State and local taxes with Federal is 39%.

My point was further taxation on bussiness will increase suffering among the middle class.

States that are growing are the one that understand bussiness need incentives in order to invest in this troubling economic time.

Lower it to zer and get the Obama administratuon out of office and then you'll see expansion.

Our economy shrunk almost a full percentage point last quarter. In the summer of recovery no less.
    Ok...so maybe I was wrong about the Tax rate.

I'm ok with the idea of not taxing the corporations...let's give it a go...but what makes you think they won't move overseas anyway? I mean...that is what GM did.

I really don't mind giving these guys a break...as if they really need it....but sure if they are going to complain with all of their billions in the bank that they are not making enough and that we need to bottle feed them so that we can keep jobs in America...then sure..let's bottle feed the billionaires for a while and see what happens.....but if they screw us over like they already have...may God have mercy on their souls....and all of the people suggesting that we do this...might not be too safe either.

On the other hand if they don't screw us over then it would be an amazing thing and you guys would get all the glory....you can even tell me ya told me so.

In most cases, it means that less than 100% of the product was manufactured in America.

I think it is a good idea that you support your local economy.

Corp tax, is only paid on profit, can live with that, you either tax at source or shift the tax burden to another area.

How ever if you want to talk about tax paid on on capital expenditure using EBIT as a funding source, then how this effect corp tax, then this something i would think would increase investment. Basically immediate 100% Tax right on capital

Again youv'e missed the very obvious point of my post and gone off on a progressive tangent thats based on years and years of self loathing and feelings of inadequecy.
    Actually it is right on point.

97% per cent of small business will see a tax cut.

The tiny remainder consisting of the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and such will just have to get by on their millions somehow.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Some states do not have corporate income taxes, certainly no municipalities do.

Hell boy, didn't you know that your own state does not have income taxes?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Please stop posting that Hershey candy is not made in the USA. I live a few miles from the main Hershey plant and have often watched them making candy made from milk and other products that came from local PA farms. Just because Hershey has a plant in Mexico does not make Hershey a foreign company. Thousands of my PA neighbors rely on Hershey for their empolyment, so stop causing trouble for them.

I just bought a couple of pair of AG pants at Nordstrom that are made in the USA. They fit well and feel good, but they were not inexpensive. One pair is a dark blue jean and the other a khaki jean. If you want to buy American, you may need to open your wallets a little more.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Before the Gov stops taxing corporations they better stop seeing corporations as people. If they remain people, then like the rest of the people, they should be taxed.
    I could even push the idea a bit by considering a corp getting a mining lease from our government on public lands, taking the resource and leaving Dodge with no tax due. Does that make sense?
    Corporations also exploit resources like raw materials and labor to make their profits. That seems like tax would be valid because w/o those resources there would be no corporation.
    Other countries solve part of their operating costs with corp taxes and for those that want to end them I'd like a history lesson about when & where that idea was tried and succeeded. Maybe offset the corp losses with through the roof employee taxes.
    There is a lot of fuzzy math going on about how much is taxed. Even profits from moving overseas if not repatriated aren't taxed. My experience says where ever there is confusion there are liars.
    But as long as the corporates run the country they will stack the deck and create their new math for our confusion. I'd guess anyone heavily involved in stocks would like to end corp taxes.
    Tracers work both ways.

hvacker, as long as you understand that all politicians are in bed with corporations, even the ones who claim they are combating corporate greed and power, some of your points are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I just bought a couple of pair of AG pants at Nordstrom that are made in the USA. They fit well and feel good, but they were not inexpensive. One pair is a dark blue jean and the other a khaki jean. If you want to buy American, you may need to open your wallets a little more.

I've never been to Japan but my understanding is they expect quality and have a fit if something breaks that they think shouldn't.
    Many Americans haven't expected quality in the past from USA products and it was apparent with phrases like "Planned obsolescence" Almost an expectancy of failure.
    I think a lot of that has changed in the past few years as made in USA has a sense of pride about it.
    Now if we can just bring the jobs home. That too may be happening. I've heard some companies say being overseas is too much trouble.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I've never been to Japan but my understanding is they expect quality and have a fit if something breaks that they think shouldn't.
    Many Americans haven't expected quality in the past from USA products and it was apparent with phrases like "Planned obsolescence" Almost an expectancy of failure.
    I think a lot of that has changed in the past few years as made in USA has a sense of pride about it.
    Now if we can just bring the jobs home. That too may be happening. I've heard some companies say being overseas is too much trouble.
    I'm reading similar. From what I'm understanding, Chinese costs are raising because Chinese workers are demanding better wages, which is making the cost of doing business in China not as profitable in order to keep pricing low.

Evidently, the U.S. also still has the technical talent, which is also keeping an interest for those American's who are developing products and (this part may be disputed by Obama) building businesses in the U.S.

Now, if we can just reduce the cost of doing business in the U.S. by lowering corporate taxation, which is either the highest or close to it in the world, get government out of forcing organized crim.....er.....labor on our businesses and get the burden of illegal immigrants off of our backs, we could actually turn this thing around.

If all of that were to happen and we did start to recover, that would mean that China would be taking an economic beating and may have a similar reaction that China has had in past centuries after China opened up to obsorb world technology and then closed itself off again when the Chinese government felt China was getting too Westernized.

I'm assuming you and are of the same age group, in which you should remember when products from Japan had the same stigma of poor quality that Chinese products now have. A major difference between the two countries is that the Chinese really don't give a crap about anyone who is not Chinese, so they have no incentive to stop just ripping us off with inferior quality products.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast