Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Really am kinda waiting to see who comes to the top. IMO the DEMS are trying to force some announcement(s)... so they can do their media magic to destroy the person and make Mutt look bad.

It amazes me the DEMS do not have anything in their track record to run on (whoops)... So all they can do is put down others.
    That is one thing I do not care about your elections. The parties spend more time trying to throw mud at each other than explaining what they will do. Also your run up to the elections are two long. But as they say, that's showbiz.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    That is one thing I do not care about your elections. The parties spend more time trying to throw mud at each other than explaining what they will do. Also your run up to the elections are two long. But as they say, that's showbiz.
    On this, I agree 100%. Most of this crap is just manipulative show business designed for pathetic entertainment and making money from marketing candidates. This is a definite downside to extreme capitalism for people like me, but I suppose enough Americans must like it or all of those stupid "reality" shows would not continue to make money.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

From another blog I post on:

At the major air conditioning manufacturer I work for we’re not only training our Chinese replacements but our Mexican ones as well. Crossing into Canada, if you mention the word “work” at the boarder, you’ll never get in. Coming back into the US, they can’t wait to send our jobs away.

I watched the Fortune 100 company I worked for do this in the 80's and 90's. Division by division. I am seeing it happen with a local company that I watched grow from a few buildings to buy up local vacant businesses hiring scores of people.
    Now they do very little manufacturing and some assembly and buildings that once housed manufacturing equipment are bulldozed to build a warehouse and office space. Times are a changing indeed.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    From another blog I post on:
    Reminds me of one time i traveled with 2 french colleagues to Quebec. Me and my AMerican colleagues cruised right through customs. They wre held up for 20 minutes because they said they were there "to work" not "for work". Funny, if they had been speaking english like us, there would be no problem.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011