Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Made in the USA

American jobs to Mexico and Mexicans to American jobs--all within 200 yards of where I live in Ft. Worth, TX:

http://www.pbase.com/craig_c/mexican...icans_and_jobs

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Off the wall question here, just because I am not as familiar with your system. What can the president actually do if the other party holds the House and the Senate? I know he can veto things maybe even appoint people to various posts (but I might be wrong on that). But does not the actual legislation get written and passed by the other two levels of government?
    Very simple, both houses of Congress (Senate & House) have to pass a bill before the President can sign it into law. The Pres can veto it and then the Senate has to "override" the veto by a 2/3 margin to force it into law over his veto. Now we have a communist dictator in office and he is signing "excutive" orders overriding laws that have already been passed.

He has done this on the "Wellfare Reformed Act" passed and signed while Clinton was president requiring those on welfare to actively seek a job and to get one if offered. This drastically reduced the wellfare roles but Obama has broken this law by gutting the meaning of looking for work by saying all you have to do is to keep a diary. Obama has done the same thing to immigration, energy and marriage laws with the approval of the leftest press and Democrats in Congress running cover for him. He is a true communist ditator of the worse sort. Thank you, thank you very much

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/1...elfare-reform/
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Excuse me, but have you actually gone and looked at what Obama actually did to the welfare reform act. All he did was allow the states to do a waiver on case by case. It doesn't make any sense to make someone look for a job that is paralyzed from the neck down, has had a major organ transplant that is spending most of their time in the hospital or that has MS or another dehabiltating disease where they are never going to get better. The States still have they same money to work with so they are not going to be just throwing these Wavers out there. This will free case workers up to get able bodied people into jobs. Even Clinton agrees with this minor fix to his law. I'd post the link, but I've been told I'm violating some stupid rule.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Very simple, both houses of Congress (Senate & House) have to pass a bill before the President can sign it into law. The Pres can veto it and then the Senate has to "override" the veto by a 2/3 margin to force it into law over his veto. Now we have a communist dictator in office and he is signing "excutive" orders overriding laws that have already been passed.

He has done this on the "Wellfare Reformed Act" passed and signed while Clinton was president requiring those on welfare to actively seek a job and to get one if offered. This drastically reduced the wellfare roles but Obama has broken this law by gutting the meaning of looking for work by saying all you have to do is to keep a diary. Obama has done the same thing to immigration, energy and marriage laws with the approval of the leftest press and Democrats in Congress running cover for him. He is a true communist ditator of the worse sort. Thank you, thank you very much

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/1...elfare-reform/
    So he can not bring in legislation but only can tweak bills that come before him? And if he tweaks too much the Senate can pull it back. In that case I can not see him being able to do any fundamental changes to the country. Now I think your Republicans have the House and the Democrats are just hanging on to the Senate. Any chance that would change this fall?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    They are all crazy fools...what about this do you not understand?

Every four years it's the same thing...people vote for people they complain about...and we have another 4 years of complaining.

Just like the gas prices dropping briefly every 4 years...happens every election...but every time it's the same thing...people complaining about gas prices like it was unexpected.

The whole thing is kind of pathetic.

I would like just once...to see a man or woman in office that was not wealthy or did not have multi-billion dollar companies backing them up.
    But one crazy fool is less dangerous than another.

Like it or not: life is not idealistic, and life is not fair... get used to that. The lesser of two evils is just that; and IMO that is a lot better than throwing fate to the wind and being screwed worse. Electing the best one can get is a H*LL of a lot better than refusing to vote and still griping.

I have a question for anyone in the 'I refuse to vote' crowd: What was the first election you voted in? And how many elections have you ACTIVELY been involved in... as in volunteering and doing things (on YOUR dime) to get your candidate elected (over the one you do not like). If one is not involved... they deserve what they get.

Being an 'arm-chair-QB' is NOT an acceptable stance in politics... one MUST be involved... or IMO they have no right to gripe.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Off the wall question here, just because I am not as familiar with your system. What can the president actually do if the other party holds the House and the Senate? I know he can veto things maybe even appoint people to various posts (but I might be wrong on that). But does not the actual legislation get written and passed by the other two levels of government?
    If one is thinking in terms of what is legal... not much... however:

INFLUENCE is a powerful tool. A president who influences towards fiscal responsibility can lead the country in that direction. A president that influences the country towards deficit spending and endless bailouts... will lead the country in that direction.

While the legal end is not much... the influence end is HUGE.

Personally I do NOT want anyone in office (as far as I have a vote) who does not believe similar to what I think is right and best for the country. THAT is what the right to vote is all about.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

So he can not bring in legislation but only can tweak bills that come before him? And if he tweaks too much the Senate can pull it back. In that case I can not see him being able to do any fundamental changes to the country. Now I think your Republicans have the House and the Democrats are just hanging on to the Senate. Any chance that would change this fall?
    What I read, the GOP will keep the house... the senate is too close to call so far... perhaps we will know more by labor day weekend or October.

See my previous post and Glenn's post concerning what a POTUS can and cannot do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If one is thinking in terms of what is legal... not much... however:

INFLUENCE is a powerful tool. A president who influences towards fiscal responsibility can lead the country in that direction. A president that influences the country towards deficit spending and endless bailouts... will lead the country in that direction.

While the legal end is not much... the influence end is HUGE.

Personally I do NOT want anyone in office (as far as I have a vote) who does not believe similar to what I think is right and best for the country. THAT is what the right to vote is all about.
    And how would you feel about this Johnson?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What I read, the GOP will keep the house... the senate is too close to call so far... perhaps we will know more by labor day weekend or October.

See my previous post and Glenn's post concerning what a POTUS can and cannot do.
    Got it.

And how would you feel about this Johnson?
    Really am kinda waiting to see who comes to the top. IMO the DEMS are trying to force some announcement(s)... so they can do their media magic to destroy the person and make Mutt look bad.

It amazes me the DEMS do not have anything in their track record to run on (whoops)... So all they can do is put down others.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    That is exactly what is wrong with this country....people will vote for Romney because they believe he is the lesser of two evils.....why settle for evil at all? Why vote if you do not like either choice? Refuse to vote, or vote for Mickey Mouse until someone takes the hint that we are no longer going to allow half asses into the white house.

It's the population thinking that we HAVE to have one of the candidates run our country that has put us in the bind we are in, it is people voting for a man with half a brain and no guts just because he was running under THEIR party that has screwed everything up......so we elect a man with half a brain and no guts to office...does that mean the majority of Americans have half a brain and no guts as well? If we had them would we vote for people we don't like?
    You libbies would really like it if so many of us did not vote for Obama's opposition, wouldn't you?

Let's get something real straight; no matter what....we need to get Obama out of office. If Mickey Mouse were on the ballet and had a chance of being elected over Obama, I'd vote for Mickey Mouse.

OMG! Obama Must Go!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

That's about as good a source as fourth hand heresay could get.....

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    At the time of that election, I actually met a gentleman that served with Kerry. He said the whole story was a big pile of bulls*** and he was proud to have served under his command. How's that for a source?
    That's about as good a source as fourth hand heresay could get.....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast