Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 135

Thread: Made in the USA

  1. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,609

  2. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,157
    It's hilarious how people expect a university-style bibliography and reference set for every post on this forum. Once it's posted, someone complains how it's bullcrap, and posts their own...

  3. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    LOL! This is exactly why leftists are so stupid, naive and ill informed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    This is a quote from that wiki editorial (no, wikipedia is not an authoritive source of any information)
    The most prominent unions are among public sector employees such as teachers and police. Members of unions are disproportionately older, male and residents of the Northeast, the Midwest, and California. Union workers average 10-30% higher pay than non-union in America after controlling for individual, job, and labor market characteristics.
    Although much smaller compared to their peak membership in the 1950s, American unions remain an important political factor, both through mobilization of their own memberships and through coalitions with like-minded activist organizations around issues such as immigrant rights, trade policy, health care, and living wage campaigns.
    Pretty much supports what I stated, not what you are claiming.
    Did you not happen to notice that information on these wiki commentaries lack any support?
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Jump to: navigation, search




    This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)
    http://inequality.org/centralized-la...ts-in-finland/ [/QUOTE]Let's see now, we have an editorial opinion of some pro-labor mafia guy from NJ who has immigrated to Australia telling us about how great labor unions are in Finland.

    No wonder leftists are so screwed in the head with how they think.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It's hilarious how people expect a university-style bibliography and reference set for every post on this forum. Once it's posted, someone complains how it's bullcrap, and posts their own...
    It would be nice if we had some reference as to what you are complaining about.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It would be nice if we had some reference as to what you are complaining about.
    I know what syndicated is saying. Instead of members posting their own ideas and thoughts to the converstion, they reference some often inept blogger to take the place of original thought. Or worse plagiarizing those sites. Some here are so bad all they do is copy/paste whatever they happen to agree with. Like saying "I must be right because it's on the Internet". It's like one can't have an original thought or a view from personal history.
    It can become a game of one-upmanship to reference the best blogger or copy/paste the best rebuttal. References like this aren't allowed in school as they don't pass for original thought.
    I'd rather read someones actual thought process than be referenced to someone elses.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

  6. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,609
    Another leftist source **
    news.release/union2.nr0.htm

    ** It must be leftist because it doesn't agree with Republican, Koch Brothers supported crap to blame the Unions. The truth is the Unions are steadily declining, wages are falling and economy is failing. So it must be due to those 11 % union workers. BTW , I've never been a card carrying union member. I do believe in the unions, along with right to work. It's a kind of non- government check and balance.

  7. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I know what syndicated is saying. Instead of members posting their own ideas and thoughts to the converstion, they reference some often inept blogger to take the place of original thought. Or worse plagiarizing those sites. Some here are so bad all they do is copy/paste whatever they happen to agree with. Like saying "I must be right because it's on the Internet". It's like one can't have an original thought or a view from personal history.
    It can become a game of one-upmanship to reference the best blogger or copy/paste the best rebuttal. References like this aren't allowed in school as they don't pass for original thought.
    I'd rather read someones actual thought process than be referenced to someone elses.
    Does syndicated know you have decided to be his mouthpiece?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,157
    Mouthpiece? Get a life man... If you want a reference to what I'm talking about, scroll back through your own posts.
    Here's the link: www.hvac-talk.com

  9. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Does syndicated know you have decided to be his mouthpiece?
    You really can be ridiculous at times. Agreeing with someone doesn't mean mouthpiece. I think Syndicated does ok by himself. If you return to your post #95 you seemed confused or more probably, defensive. So I made what I understood as a reference so you might walk in enlightenment. You may tithe.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

  10. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Pretty much.....but your guy is still worse than my guy is.....
    That is exactly what is wrong with this country....people will vote for Romney because they believe he is the lesser of two evils.....why settle for evil at all? Why vote if you do not like either choice? Refuse to vote, or vote for Mickey Mouse until someone takes the hint that we are no longer going to allow half asses into the white house.

    It's the population thinking that we HAVE to have one of the candidates run our country that has put us in the bind we are in, it is people voting for a man with half a brain and no guts just because he was running under THEIR party that has screwed everything up......so we elect a man with half a brain and no guts to office...does that mean the majority of Americans have half a brain and no guts as well? If we had them would we vote for people we don't like?

  11. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,157
    Roseanne Barr is running as a 3rd party candidate in 14 states I heard. There's your other choice! LMAO

  12. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,772
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    That is exactly what is wrong with this country....people will vote for Romney because they believe he is the lesser of two evils.....why settle for evil at all? Why vote if you do not like either choice? Refuse to vote, or vote for Mickey Mouse until someone takes the hint that we are no longer going to allow half asses into the white house.

    It's the population thinking that we HAVE to have one of the candidates run our country that has put us in the bind we are in, it is people voting for a man with half a brain and no guts just because he was running under THEIR party that has screwed everything up......so we elect a man with half a brain and no guts to office...does that mean the majority of Americans have half a brain and no guts as well? If we had them would we vote for people we don't like?
    You still do not get it do you...

    What EACH elected office holder does WILL affect YOUR life. YOU are NOT immune to SERIOUSLY BAD things being forced on you by the govt. Taking an 'I do not care' attitude is literally p*ssing into the wind... and you WILL get peed on as a result. Do you WANT to be peed on? Because with the attitude you have, I can GUARANTEE you it will happen.

    Sheesh... what has gotten into folks heads? They really think their vote does not matter. Fact is... BHO's crowd is probably pushing that attitude, so they can keep you away from the poles and win. Do you REALLY want BHO in the WH for the next 4 years? Do you REALLY think your not voting will send a message? Please give me REAL answers to these questions... that is, unless you are part of the volunteer crowd on BHO's staff trying to get conservatives to not vote at all... Are you?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,157
    Weren't the same allegations swirling around bush in 04? Remember Swift Boat Veterans for Truth? It's the same garbage every 4 years.
    And no I will not provide a half baked, obscure blog as a reference.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event