Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in the USA

Made in the USA

Check this out sent from my Cuz in Tennessee. Thank you very much

Costco sells Goodyear wiper blades for almost half the price that you will pay on the outside and they are made in the U.S.A.

Read and do the following.

Unfortunately our politicians and top CEO's have pushed for trade to china and mexico for years so Americans are now out of work..Did you know that there is no electric coffee maker made in the US and that the only kitchen appliances made in the US is Viking ?

This information came from a report made by Diane Sawyer . Hopefully this has changed or will soon!!

I DIDN'T KNOW HALLMARK CARDS WERE MADE IN CHINA ! That is also why I don't buy cards at Hallmark anymore, They are made in China and are more expensive! I buy them at Dollar Tree - 50 cents each and made in USA

I have been looking at the blenders available on the Internet. Kitchen Aid is MADE IN the US. Top of my list already ...

Yesterday I was in Wal Mart looking for a wastebasket. I found some made in China for $6.99. I didn't want to pay that much so I asked the lady if they had any others. She took me to another department and they had some at $2.50 made in USA . They are just as good. Same as a kitchen rug I needed. I had to look, but I found some made in the USA - what a concept! - and they were $3.00 cheaper.

We are being brainwashed to believe that everything that comes from China and Mexico is cheaper. Not so.

One Light Bulb at a Time..

I was in Lowe's the other day and just out of curiosity, I looked at the hose attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA .

Start looking, people . . ...In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - most often, their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is now marked "made in Mexico ." I don't buy it anymore.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ...now I have switched to Crest.

You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger . . . I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets

I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy -- was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared them: they were the same except for the price . . .the GE bulbs cost more than the Everyday Value brand, but the thing that surprised me the most was that that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - you guessed it - the USA at a company in Cleveland, Ohio.

It's Way past time to start finding and buying products you use every day that are made right here.

So, on to the next aisle: Bounce Dryer Sheets... yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand cost less, and was MADE IN THE USA! I did laundryyesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years, at almost half the price.

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbor's!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies - you're sending the jobs there. (We should have awakened decades ago....)

Let's get with the program and help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in theUSA.

Support the products that are " Made in the USA "

I passed this on .. .. . will you???
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You don't wanna buy Canadian products? Your largest trading partner? Maybe you don't want our oil either, since we have almost as much as the Saudis, and are a well functioning democracy.
    Go back to supporting the chavez's and other tin pot dictators of the world then.
    No thank you, no thank you very much.... Elvis

I love the idea of buying American....until these companies get big enough to decide it's more profitable to move overseas...just like most of the other companies that started out American.

YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    You don't wanna buy Canadian products? Your largest trading partner? Maybe you don't want our oil either, since we have almost as much as the Saudis, and are a well functioning democracy.
    Go back to supporting the chavez's and other tin pot dictators of the world then.
    No thank you, no thank you very much.... Elvis
    You're from Alberta,thats cool but you should really keep up.
    By the fourth quarter of this year you will be calling the tar sands a new name. The Chinese tar sands courtesy of Harper and CNOOC.

Be thankful for Colt, Smith and Wesson,Remington,etc........
    FEN

Bunn Coffee makers are made in the USA. Some of their Carafe's are made in China, though. They last Forever, you clean them with vinegar, customer service is great. If you ever have to buy a part, it's cheap. I bought a spare basket.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I love the idea of buying American....until these companies get big enough to decide it's more profitable to move overseas...just like most of the other companies that started out American.
    Did you know our corporate tax rate is the second highest in the world ?

You want more " made in America" on your items elect a government that lowers corporate tax rates down to zero and who will give bussiness more incentive to stay here.

Raising taxes on people who make more than 250k a year means raisng taxes on small bussiness.

More than a million of them. I wonder how thats going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post

It's going to work out great!

For all the illegals that will be given citizenship and therefore access to all the freebies and bennies.

I'm sure you heard of the U.S. Govt. working with the Mexican Govt. to make sure the Mexicans are aware of and understand all the "Help" they are "entitled" to once they cross the border.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

USA Coil(s) are made in America...Tennessee and some other state...I forget. I use them anytime I can.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Did you know our corporate tax rate is the second highest in the world ?

You want more " made in America" on your items elect a government that lowers corporate tax rates down to zero and who will give bussiness more incentive to stay here.

Raising taxes on people who make more than 250k a year means raisng taxes on small bussiness.

I can see how you would think that since there are so many websites, news programs, and politicians who are all about telling half truths saying this....but the problem is that our corporate tax rate ranges from 0% to 39%....not just 39%

These websites that you are looking at are only giving us the rating we have because they are only looking at the last number....if you take a corporate tax rate from anywhere below 39% you would find that our national ranking would drop significantly....especially if you ranked off of an average number of businesses taxed at 39% VS. another country which is taxed at a lower rate but everyone pays...not like us where many companies pay 0%.

Good post Glenn.
    I don't think I'm alone in thinking of Canadians as Americans, so for me "Made in Canada" has little difference from "Made in USA". We couldn't have a better neighbor.
    Over the last few years my wife will say "Hey look, made right here" with some product, but like you said a person has to take the time to look. She will take the time.

A Harbor Freight opened a couple miles away and it's packed with customers. Their customers will say "Stuffs cheap but you have to be careful because some of it's crap". How many businesses can pack their isles with buyers while the buyers know the questionable quality.
    "Wobbles the mind" as Kelly Bundy would say.

It's curious that in China made in USA is considered quality and those that can will buy USA and pay the premium. An example is the Volkswagen sold in China isn't the same as sold in Germany. The Chinese edition lacks many emission and safety items the Germans insist on for themselves.

Americans often choose value over quality. Some of the HVAC businesses that post here convince their customers of the idea of value added. It's not just the price that matters and like you pointed out, sometimes it's actually a better deal.
    Tracers work both ways.

Yes, the Kardashians will be forced to cut down on their massive use of eye makeup......and what of poor Paris Hilton?

Ohhhhhhhh, the horror, the horror.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

A product only needs to have 50% of the parts that it is made of manufactured in the US to be labled 'made in america'. Just becasue it sais made in america doesn't mean that 50% of it wasn't made in china...

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast