Lightbulb

I'm currently working as a commercial/refrigeration tech for a non-union company. I'm wanting to go union, is it better to directly apply at the hall or with an individual company. Also is there are any local columbus area union companys that are hiring.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Call the hall. They will be able to tell you how to obtain membership. They will also be able to tell you if there are any calls for workers or what the unemployment rate is.

If there is a particular company you want to work for, they likely have policies for hiring non-union employees that want to go union.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

if you want to work union, depending on what part of the country .Your may be better off to get a offer from a union company then get in with a white ticket.Personally i worked for non union for many years, then went in under the white ticket program. I would not go back non union.

There's a union company out of Pataskala with an ad at Columbusjobs.com right now. If you can get along with the owner, it's not a bad place.
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

the hall will not help you at all!!!!!!!!!! if you do not have family in the union. they can give you a list of contractors. go to your local hvac wholesaler and ask who all the union shops are and hit the pavement, only msca contractors can hire an mes guy. remember until you are in the union you are the enemy. while you are not a pipefitter the contractor is your friend. once you are a pipefitter the contractor is the enemy. once you are in you can't beat it. it is very confusing

can i contact you

yes you can contact me. my email address is on my profile email me and i will give you my phone number

Ahh....Pataskala......down by Nirk.
    Go RCR!