Thread: tool question

any recommendations on a magnehelic guage? I would like to have one guage that i can measure the negative pressure for D.I.'s and static pressure in residential duct systems. Dwyer seems to have a huge selection im just not sure which one to go with. The digital ones are pretty high in price though

I use Dwyer 0-2.0" w.c and )-5.0" wc for testing pressures switches. I also have a 0-20" wc gauge for checking natural & l.p. gas pressures. I also use the 0-2" wc gauge for checking draft on oil furnaces. Never had a problem with ANY of them.

so i shouldnt need two different guages, am i right?.....will there be a positive and a negetive tap on it?.......i know i have to buy the static presure tip seperately, but will one guage measure both pos. and neg. press.?

I would consider buying a FieldPiece meter. They have a new dual manometer head . Good for static as well as gas.
    It can be used with any digital meter with a millivolt scale.I'd rather use digital over most analog instruments.