Need Help Choosing a New Trane Heat Pump

I bought a home in South Carolina with a Trane Air Handler - Model 2TEC3F60A1000AA. It is only 6 years old. I need to replace the 12 year old Weatherking heat pump that it is attached to. Should I go with a Trane Heat Pump (5 Ton)- and if so what model would be a good match with that air handler. I realize that I would also have the R22 converted to R410A.

The home is 2600 square feet.

Also - what current model Tran air handler is that unit similar to?

I would go with the "dry" unit, the one that comes empty and gets filled with R22. Best match for that air handler. I personally don't like putting a different refrigerant in a coil. Probably 2TWB3060 for a model #.

Quote Originally Posted by sspear1 View Post
    I bought a home in South Carolina with a Trane Air Handler - Model 2TEC3F60A1000AA. It is only 6 years old. I need to replace the 12 year old Weatherking heat pump that it is attached to.

Should I go with a Trane Heat Pump (5 Ton)- and if so what model would be a good match with that air handler.

The home is 2600 square feet.
    2TEC3F60A is a CURRENT model, except for R-22 versus R-410A.

Send photos, insulation values, windows characteristics, and house dimensions via e-mail ( in profile) or post here, if you wish to know if 4 or 5 ton is more appropriately matched for YOUR residence.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities