Trane Air Handler

I bought a home in South Carolina with a Trane Air Handler - Model 2TEC3F60A1000AA. It is only 6 years old. I need to replace the 12 year old Weatherking heat pump that it is attached to. Should I go with a Trane Heat Pump - and if so what model would be a good match with that air handler. I realize that I would also have the R22 converted to R410A.

Also - what current model Tran air handler is that unit similar to?

Quote Originally Posted by sspear1 View Post
    I bought a home in South Carolina with a Trane Air Handler - Model 2TEC3F60A1000AA. It is only 6 years old. I need to replace the 12 year old Weatherking heat pump that it is attached to. Should I go with a Trane Heat Pump - and if so what model would be a good match with that air handler. I realize that I would also have the R22 converted to R410A.

Also - what current model Tran air handler is that unit similar to?
    Substituting a 4 at the beginning to indicate a 410a unit.

It is a standard blower motor air handler, so a 13 seer single speed unit would match.
    That being said it will cost you to convert the metering device to a TEV and it may be in your best interest in the long run to change the entire system and then you are not limited to the choices that you have.