+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I got thrown under the bus by another contractor.

Post Likes

I got thrown under the bus by another contractor.

This one has some history to it. Last fall we were contracted to add in-floor and unico to a new sunroom addition in a very nice neighborhood. well the GC stole a bunch of money, we never got paid. We were contracted by the new GC to finish the job, and we did. Added a 6" takeoff, with damper, in the attic and ran it out to the new sunroom, with some unico taps off of that.

Well this was in march, we finished the job and I left the damper closed until the construction was finished. Got a call last week, that they were ready to have cooling, so I sent a kid out, open the damper. got a call about 4 hours later that the whole first floor was not cooling. The homeowner had another contractor in (for whatever reason), he inspected all the units and said they were working fine. he told the homeowner that i had installed the wrong ductwork, i didn't not install unico ductwork and the addition was sucking all the air from the whole house.

I ran out, closed the damper (as the room was still blocked off with plastic and didn't have an return air. (really didn't get into it as we haven't been paid a red cent for this job, and she apparently didn't want to use us for service. Told her I would come back and balance the system when they were all done. This was friday.

Had a message Monday morning, the whole 1st floor was hot all weekend, that i didn't install the duct-work right and that was messing up the whole house, the other contractor was out again and verified all the equipment was working, that the issues were due to my duct-work being installed wrong, duct leakage.

So I go out there this morning, she shows me the upstairs is cold, first floor is warm and basement is cold. Alright, then she shows me the three thermostats. I go out and walk around the house. Then I went inside and brought her out and showed her the condenser she didn't know she had that serves the first floor, that had a bad condenser fan motor and compressor.

I guess the other guy was too busy blaming me for the "bad ductwork" to take a minute to count the thermostats or take a walk around the house.

Post Likes
    Wheres the photo?

Post Likes
    I'll take one when I change out the condenser.

Post Likes
    Don't you love it when you can tub there nose in it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    Don't you love it when you can tub there nose in it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Nothing is better than tubbing someone's nose in it. I live for that.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    BAM!! How do you like me now Biotch. Thats what I would have been saying and did you have fun paying for your other service tech to bad mouth me and miss the real problem. Next time bend over and use your Good eye!

Post Likes
    Some years ago I condemed a compressor on a flower cooler at a small shop, it was a couple days after I had changed a condenser motor. Valves were damaged from running without the condenser fan motor for god knows how long. Lady worked by herself and didnt do much bussiness. She called another contractor to ge a second opinion. He told her that we ruined the compressor because the valve on the reciver was not all the way open. I guess i did not fully front seat it before leaving. Long story short, i replaced her compressor for nothing. She said "I discussed this with my priest and he feels you are responsable". Both her and the other contractor are out of buissiness now. Priest is still around.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johndief View Post
    Some years ago I condemed a compressor on a flower cooler at a small shop, it was a couple days after I had changed a condenser motor. Valves were damaged from running without the condenser fan motor for god knows how long. Lady worked by herself and didnt do much bussiness. She called another contractor to ge a second opinion. He told her that we ruined the compressor because the valve on the reciver was not all the way open. I guess i did not fully front seat it before leaving. Long story short, i replaced her compressor for nothing. She said "I discussed this with my priest and he feels you are responsable". Both her and the other contractor are out of buissiness now. Priest is still around.
    Why ??? If you verified valve damage then tell her tough luck.

Post Likes
    I realized she could not afford to pay for the compressor. i felt it was worth the cost of the compressor to end the argument. My point was that some contractors thrive on trying to make everone else but them look bad, I think that just breeds distrust by customers for everone in the industry.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Nothing is better than tubbing someone's nose in it. I live for that.
    Wow, I just laughed until I cried. Well done.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johndief View Post
    I would have said a couple Hail Marys and Our Fathers and been done with it.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller257 View Post
    I'll take one when I change out the condenser.
    No, the pic of the , "Wow, I'm a real dumb ass," look on her face pic.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    No, the pic of the , "Wow, I'm a real dumb ass," look on her face pic.
    + that
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in