Inspection Camera

Hello!
    I am looking to upgrade my inspection camera and am looking for some suggtions? Right now I have the Extech BR250 with the BRD10 Wireless Adapter. I have heard good things about 'The Inspector' by Shamrock Industries, but I'm not too familiar with other systems.

The Extech250 has served me well so far however, I feel myself as well as my customers could benefit from a more advanced set up.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

CJ

Starting at $1850!! I don't know man, that's a lot for a camera. I do just fine with the Testo. Though the Milwaukee looks good too.

I just looked at the Extech 250, I bought one of those at Costco (sold under the Whistler brand name) the close up resolution was horrible. If yours is the same anything will be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateHT View Post
    Starting at $1850!! I don't know man, that's a lot for a camera. I do just fine with the Testo. Though the Milwaukee looks good too.
    I had the testo, then got the Inspector. Night and day difference, you will see 10 times more detail with the Inspector.

The Inspector is a nice camera, but it is bulky! The Ridgid Micro Explorer is decent and affordable and has a color screen, you take picture and save the to an SD card and email the to a custom if needs be. I also have used a Testo and it worked well for awhile, but I don't recommend it.

Anybody have any experience with a Dewalt camera?

If it like the rest of dewalt's tools I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    If it like the rest of dewalt's tools I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole
    Don't sugar-coat it, just tell us what you really think.

i paid 80 bucks for a Centech one at Harbor Freight, and i'm not gonna lie, it hasn't disappointed me yet.

The HD Extech setups are nice with the wireless adapter. This is full color high definition- there is a big difference between your ~$200 inspection cameras and high definition.

The Shamrock Inspector is an infrared (visible light, not thermal) HD camera, which is not the same as anything else on the market.

An infrared image may be better for things like heat exchanger inspections.

The typical 240 pixel consumer video scopes do NOT have enough resolution for heat exchanger cracks, unless the cracks are pretty big.

I had a Testo 318-V, and it is junk. The $199 Centech from Harbor Freight is better... so is the new Milwaukee M12 camera.

The HD Extech is also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus819 View Post
    i paid 80 bucks for a Centech one at Harbor Freight, and i'm not gonna lie, it hasn't disappointed me yet.
    I was thinking about posting pretty much the same sentiments. I figure for the $80 bucks I can experiment and not worry too awful much about the loss if it sucks as a camera. It does OK, no complaints so far.

...Ron
    Last edited by rscamaro; 08-18-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
    Roof Rat

I just got the new Milwaukee M-Spector camera for the heating season. Catalog number 2312-21. It has a 9.5mm camera head, 2GB SD card for saving pictures and video, adjustable light and zoom. It can upload images and videos to your computer and also has the handy date and time stamp.
    The screen is 3.5" which is nice but it is a little pixelated when not being used in dark places, so far that's my only complaint.
    Cost for this little number was $265.00 off fleabay for the camera, M12 battery,battery charger, USB cable,and blow molded case, and it has a 5 year warranty form Milwaukee.

I have a rigid see snake that worked great but has a fixed viewing screen and not the best resolution. Also cannot record. The outer lens came off and I glued it back on but the inside hazed a bit.
    I just ordered a dewalt 12v max inspection camera with just the camera, I have the light and driver, it will arrive this week. I decided I was tired of craning my neck inside a furnace to try to position the camera and still see the screen. Also it will be nice to have a clear picture and the ability to record.
    ill post my review when I get it. if I remember.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2