WOW! 2 good laws in California

the public passes Parent Trigger.
    which is supposed to give parents more control over the school district.
    this is the first law that might mean something after the unions set up a job paradise where teachers can kick up their feet and allow their school system to produce record breaking drop-out statistics, while they receive job security.
    of course, it will be the job of the politician to render Parent Trigger worthless, but that's to be seen.

although it's been passed in 3 other states, this Parent Trigger law is supposed to set a precedent for all other states across the country.
    (because every other state is just last year's California)

------------------------

Los Angeles City Council is going to vote to close marijuana dispensaries.
    hopefully they will be closed.
    even though legalizing marijuana was voted down several times it kept appearing on the ballot until it was finally passed.

the law has been a disaster.
    the Mexican Mafia has been linked as a supplier to many stores.
    stores have appeared in nearly every neighborhood, and there have been brutal robberies.
    intoxicated people have been involved with traffic accidents while marijuana and a permit have been found in their vehicle.

everyone and their mother has a "medical" marijuana permit, it's a big joke

city council voted to close marijuana stores.
    finally los angeles does something right

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    city council voted to close marijuana stores.
    finally los angeles does something right
    I can't see the City Council not having a legal problem as dispensing is legal and it's equivalent with banning liquor stores. The medical patients still need access to their legal prescriptions and I personally wouldn't want to prevent them from it.
    City Councils here often make questionable decisions also and it costs $$ to fix later. They have access to a legal staff and the lawyers seem to make the same poor judgements.
    But my ? to you is why would you want to prevent medical pot patients from their medicine? If the dispensaries aren't following the law the solution seems simple.
    If your against medical pot I guess you're not sick yet.
    New Mexico is also a medical pot state but we don't have dispensaries. We have a distribution system and how it works is kind of a secret but I here the patents meet with the distributor somewhere.
    Tracers work both ways.

I don't think we want medical pot dispensaries on every corner in NM. Look at what happened in CA. Sheesh, what a mess. I don't even vacation there anymore, since I have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    I don't think we want medical pot dispensaries on every corner in NM. Look at what happened in CA. Sheesh, what a mess. I don't even vacation there anymore, since I have kids.

No, I don't want dispensaries everywhere either. When it's legal let pot be sold in liquor stores. I think the way our State set up the distributor system works and is almost invisible. No one even knows it's there.
    I can't agree with our Governor not renewing licenses for growers. If she wants to change the law then she can try but she should not jam up an existing law just because she doesn't agree with it or more likely because she wants to disassemble everything Richardson did, good or bad.
    Like many things, Cal problem is probably how the distribution law was written allowing storefront distribution and now LA doesn't know what to do.
    A possible covert reason might be many wanted med pot to be step two in legalization. Step one being decriminalization.
    Tracers work both ways.

there never was a reason to legalize weed.
    any chemical in weed can be extracted and given in pill form.
    this was a 100% plot to allow the rich to make money selling drugs, like they did in the past during opium trades.

it can be extracted...and is.
    many prescribed drugs are in fact active ingredients of street drugs

there never was a reason to legalize weed.
    any chemical in weed can be extracted and given in pill form.
    this was a 100% plot to allow the rich to make money selling drugs, like they did in the past during opium trades.

it can be extracted...and is.
    many prescribed drugs are in fact active ingredients of street drugs
    There's a great reason to legalize weed. So a person smoking it doesn't go to jail.
    They extracted the active ingredient years ago THC. I won't try to spell it.
    As far as the rich making $$ there just aren't all that many in terms of numbers selling illegal drugs to have much political influence. They also tend to be somewhat short lived. The surveys here say most people favor med pot and most, but less, favor decriminalization. So far few (Our former Governor Gary Johnson excepted) have had the huevos to take it on.
    Some say we're better off keeping pot illegal. Look around at the problems keeping pot illegal have created.
    Tracers work both ways.

Los Angeles City Council is going to vote to close marijuana dispensaries.
    Hopefully they will be closed.
    Even though legalizing marijuana was voted down several times it kept appearing on the ballot until it was finally passed.

the law has been a disaster.
    the Mexican Mafia has been linked as a supplier to many stores.
    stores have appeared in nearly every neighborhood, and there have been brutal robberies.
    intoxicated people have been involved with traffic accidents while marijuana and a permit have been found in their vehicle.

everyone and their mother has a "medical" marijuana permit, it's a big joke
    It often takes several elections to raise the awareness on an issue.

Closing those stores will not have an effect on the Mexican Mafia drug trade. It just puts it back underground where it used to be.

Those stores deal in cash only. That is a major attraction to an armed thief. All that pot is an attraction too. But many do take safeguards with bars, automatic/security doors and bulletproof glass.

The intoxicated people involved in those accidents were likely drunk. Linking pot to that accident is a stretch.

Medical marijuana permits are often a big joke. It is a way for people to get their pot and not face criminal penalties, but what is wrong with that? With this new decriminalization where are the stats that show people under the influence of pot are increasing traffic accidents or acting like someone drunk in public? They aren’t there.

These pot dispensaries look bad on the surface but where is the real harm? My only objection to them is that they are being run by ex-drug dealers. They deal in cash only so they can write their own books and not pay their fair share of taxes…that includes the growers and suppliers of the stores. Get the politicians hooked on the tax stream and they won’t want to close them down.