Hybrid View

Welcome to the hottest place on earth.....

BTW, your warranty is void.

You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

None of those units look more than 8-10 years old, but the deck looks like its 15-20.... hmmm, can't imagine why.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128
    None of those units look more than 8-10 years old, but the deck looks like its 15-20.... hmmm, can't imagine why.
    Judging by the corrosion on that Goodman's coil, it looks like they're near the ocean. You would be lucky to get 10 years out of one even without the deck.

I may have you beat here. We have units in parking structures, with broken down evap coolers, and seized fans, which are supposed to cool the area to lower Head Pressures. It has to be 130+ in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by B1978 View Post
    I may have you beat here. We have units in parking structures, with broken down evap coolers, and seized fans, which are supposed to cool the area to lower Head Pressures. It has to be 130+ in those areas.
    Nah that deck or sub-deck has to be one of the worst places Ive seen in a while.

No access. Units recycling discharge air.

I'd put in a side discharge condenser, with the intake right up against the lattice.
    F the neighbors.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I dont know how we will ever change a compressor or a fan motor.

Some daze...you guys post pics that make me sooooo glad I'm a pencil pusher now
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Equal opportunity offenders here. You'll notice most mfg's represented.

I haven't put any under here, but we were working on one. When do you take a hard line with the crap? There always seems to someone ready to pick it up if you won't.

I've had several employees who have worked in Iraq on bases doing HVAC. They all called it "The Big Suck". After doing residential service and replacement for a while and dealing with the crap, some are pining for the desert.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Some daze...you guys post pics that make me sooooo glad I'm a pencil pusher now
    DITTO!!

I just saw 140+F entering condenser air today! 2 of 4 operating condensers in a parking structure, 110 ambient. 140 entering 135+ liquid line, 410A near 600psig high side, awesome!!! If I hangout there a while longer, 110 will feel like the arctic.