Thread: Testo 325M

Anyone out there use a Testo 325M. I have been doing PM's on Ac & Furnaces and was wandering how long you leave the probe in the outdoor PVC flue to get a reading. I have read the book that came with the COMBUSTION ANALYSER and can not find a time frame to get a proper reading. Also what range can the ppm CO be, and what is the high limit for ppm CO. I am amazed at some of the reading I have been getting. As low as 2 ppm CO and some newer furnaces higher than 200 ppm CO. Any thoughts would be appericated.

Peter T

Read This

Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

My thought is that you should register as a pro and take this there.

As for your Testo issue, i haven't the foggiest notion. Back in the day I remember trying to keep CO down below 100 PPM, but those were industrial boilers ranging in size from your typical mobile home on up to hundreds of feet tall...

Re: Read This

cool link!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by watercop
    [B]My thought is that you should register as a pro and take this there.

I have tried but keep getting a error when I submit.

Originally posted by ptemko
    Anyone out there use a Testo 325M. I have been doing PM's on Ac & Furnaces and was wandering how long you leave the probe in the outdoor PVC flue to get a reading. I have read the book that came with the COMBUSTION ANALYSER and can not find a time frame to get a proper reading. Also what range can the ppm CO be, and what is the high limit for ppm CO. I am amazed at some of the reading I have been getting. As low as 2 ppm CO and some newer furnaces higher than 200 ppm CO. Any thoughts would be appericated.

Peter T
    Ptemko you should check out a class by Jim Davis of the National Comfort Institute.

It's great you are out there trying to combustion test now get the training to really kick it up a notch. You will be surprised at what you might be walking right past.

Do a search for Jim's name & click on his little red house for more info.

I personally use a TSI CA-6130 for my analyzer & love it.
    You need to test the flue gases close to the equipment before they are undiluted.
    You need to test from light-off till after shutdown of the equipment documenting the readings as you go.

The highest light-off CO you want to see is around 400 PPM, the highest CO during a run cycle is at 100 PPM & stable. If the CO readings are low but continue to climb you have a time bomb waiting to go off.
    There are other analyzer readings that are useful like O2, draft & flue temperature as well for diagnostics.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.