Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
    It was 102 at 7pm today... it will be 108 tomorrow.
    stop you complaining... it was still 99F at 7PM here last night but the humidity was almost 50%RH. Not your wimpy 25-30%RH.

We don't know what a dry coil looks like in the midwest.

The CFM is based on a combination of air handler and duct work? I assume another part covered by the manual J.

Not complaining about the heat, I prefer it over heavy snow. I refuse to dig out a car to go to work... I'd have a LOT of snow days

THe airflow (CFM (cubic feet per minute)) is dependant on hte size of equipment installed, but hte specific air flow rate can be adjusted for the climate it's installed in. In hot dry climates, you aften run the airflow at a higher rate since you don't need to, want to, and often can't remove humidity when the dewpoint is already below 45F in most cases. IN humid climate, you need a certain balance of mositure removal and heat removal to keep a space comfortable withotu having to overcool it.

For example, I set my downstairs at 76-78F because it's 32-38%RH in the summer down there so I'm comfortable at the temperature. My upstairs is 43-50%RH so I set it at 73-74F to achieve a similar comfort levels and so I can sleep better at night. Homes where humidity is managed poorly often find they need ot set it to 70-72F ot be comfortable. Thsoe hosues usually feel damp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12