Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 85
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,919
    "(what was that word libz) I guess you mean liberal"


    Ya think?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    "(what was that word libz) I guess you mean liberal"


    Ya think?
    Kinda like when someone says Tea Bagger to mean conservative
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Kinda like when someone says Tea Bagger to mean conservative
    That's only for libby fantasies.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,500
    Someone once told me what "Tea Bagger" means in some fringe groups.
    Poor choice of words I guess.

    Meanings change over time. The meaning of conservative is an example. Some more moderate liberals have been calling themselves progressives. Probably so not to be confused with the extreme. Maybe moderate conservatives could change their name for something closer to their truth.
    But then again I don't know how many are left out there.
    Tracers work both ways.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Someone once told me what "Tea Bagger" means in some fringe groups.
    Poor choice of words I guess.

    Meanings change over time. The meaning of conservative is an example. Some more moderate liberals have been calling themselves progressives. Probably so not to be confused with the extreme. Maybe moderate conservatives could change their name for something closer to their truth.
    But then again I don't know how many are left out there.
    Liberals have been using the term "progressives" to replace "Communists" and "Socialists" ever since those two terms fell out of vogue back in the early 20th Century.

    The term "teabagger" means now what it has meant since it was originally started to be used as a slang term for a sexual act. The difference between conservatives and liberals is that to a conservative, only female teabaggers are acceptable.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Someone once told me what "Tea Bagger" means in some fringe groups.
    Poor choice of words I guess.

    Meanings change over time. The meaning of conservative is an example. Some more moderate liberals have been calling themselves progressives. Probably so not to be confused with the extreme. Maybe moderate conservatives could change their name for something closer to their truth.
    But then again I don't know how many are left out there.
    It's a pejoritive and has always had and still has sexual conotations.

    Its ad hominum as its use just identifies the source as desperate and lacking a substantial rebut to a Conservative position.

    New GDP numbers came in today thst just show the lefts policies are perpetuating misery upon the middle class.

    So let them call us names.

    Its all they have.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155

    Still waiting...

    Okay I know I'm dreaming here, but I am trying to keep an open mind.

    How about it Net, Geer, any facts you can bring to the table?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,919
    A rational human being capable of sound thought wouldn't try and defame the acronym for Taxed Enough Already.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    No way your'e a Republican. I mean lets have the common courtesy to at least be honest with each other.

    I get very little honesty from the other liberals on this sight so why dont you try and set an example.

    No " Rebuplican" criticizes Obama for not going after the bankers. but ignores the last 4 years economic incompetence that has caused a record number of people to dropout of the work force.

    No "Republican" takes the Occupy Wallstreet position but ignores a 5 trillion increase in our debt.

    Believe it or not another poster posted a thread that tries to explain how Obama has spent less than all of his predecesors when in reality hes spent more than all of his predecesors combined.

    No " Republican " ignores the massive amount of damage this President has done but instead goes after the "evil" banks.

    Educate yourself on what really happened in the sub prime debacle or better yet Google The Affordable Housing Act and its relation to the collapse of our economy and then come back and talk to me.

    You call me childish when the people a debate with cant even recognize the truth because it clashes with their ideology.
    It's quite clear you aren't interested in having a discussion, or a debate, or anything other than an audience. And that's fine; you were here before me, and I fully believe in and support your right to express your views as often and as loudly as you wish. I was the one who presumed that we could discuss or debate some of the issues, and that we could do so like intelligent adults.

    I just think it's sad -- and perhaps a little frightening -- that anyone can really believe they know what a "true" Republican is. Or a true Democrat, or a true American. This path leads to some pretty dark places.

    I won't disturb your echo chamber anymore by bringing up subjects or questions that make you uncomfortable by asking you to re-examine your own beliefs, and I certainly won't presume to suggest that questioning some of what you think is absolute certainty would be constructive and healthy. I understand now that, in this forum at least, you'd rather shout your opinion into the ether and have it repeated back to you verbatim. Perhaps that gives you some measure of comfort and assurance, to have confirmation that you're not the only one out there that feels the way you do, and if so I suppose that's a good thing.

    I'll end by simply saying that I've been a Republican for all my adult life, and I intend to vote a straight Republican ticket in the next election. But I'm not particularly proud to align myself with people who think they have a monopoly on the truth, confuse opinion with fact, and appear to have little inclination to work with Americans of differing political views, even at the detriment of their own country.

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by hscudd View Post
    It's quite clear you aren't interested in having a discussion, or a debate, or anything other than an audience. And that's fine; you were here before me, and I fully believe in and support your right to express your views as often and as loudly as you wish. I was the one who presumed that we could discuss or debate some of the issues, and that we could do so like intelligent adults.

    I just think it's sad -- and perhaps a little frightening -- that anyone can really believe they know what a "true" Republican is. Or a true Democrat, or a true American. This path leads to some pretty dark places.

    I won't disturb your echo chamber anymore by bringing up subjects or questions that make you uncomfortable by asking you to re-examine your own beliefs, and I certainly won't presume to suggest that questioning some of what you think is absolute certainty would be constructive and healthy. I understand now that, in this forum at least, you'd rather shout your opinion into the ether and have it repeated back to you verbatim. Perhaps that gives you some measure of comfort and assurance, to have confirmation that you're not the only one out there that feels the way you do, and if so I suppose that's a good thing.

    I'll end by simply saying that I've been a Republican for all my adult life, and I intend to vote a straight Republican ticket in the next election. But I'm not particularly proud to align myself with people who think they have a monopoly on the truth, confuse opinion with fact, and appear to have little inclination to work with Americans of differing political views, even at the detriment of their own country.

    Then address each one of my positions independently and post links to verify any of your assertions.

    Its that simple.

    People misidentifying themselves as a Republican is whats frightening you ??!! Look at the amount of debt we're in. Just the interest alone is going to be 30% of our Federal expenditure in 10 years. Interest on T-bills dropped again recently and the biggest buyer of our own bonds is the Fed. We're buying our own debt !!!

    Do you have any clue what that means ? Be scared allright but not of the people who are trying to tell you the truth.

    Because when Democrat policies fail and it' to the "detriment" of our Country their position is to mitigate their responsibillity by saying " we need to work together " and its " not a Democrat or Republican issue " and " everyones to blame" .

    Its what they did during the subprime meltdown and its what theyr'e doing now.

    Sorry but they caused this disaster, this double dip recesion bordering on depression all by themselves and nedd to be held responsible.

    Just because Ive educated myself and won't bend to your moderate beliefs doesnt mean I'm lacking facts in my position.

    Counter my positions you disagree with with data. Construct a reasoable objective argument rather than your generic rhetoric.

    They don't want Conservative input. Didn't ask fir it during the health care debate and bassically told us to " EFF OFF" .

    So pardon me if I'm not inclined to be more tolerant to their positions.

    As far as I'm concerned we're at war culturally and there has to be a winner and their has to be a loser.

    If they want to turn us into a Western European style socialist State then they're going to have to go through the Conservative majority first.

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,957
    Hey "Six", you should run for Senate. I'm not sure I agree with everything you say but you sure talk pretty.

    I've even got a campaign slogan for your Senate run:


    "Six more years".

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,767
    Its ad hominum as its use just identifies the source as desperate and lacking a substantial rebut

    A rational human being capable of sound thought wouldn't try and defame the acronym for Taxed Enough Already.

    Agreed. So you conservatards will stop calling people who disagree with your right wing rants libtards or libbies?






    Right
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Okay, I can't help myself....

    Hey Net, what's wrong with the term "Libbies"?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event