Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird225 View Post
    If I push the contactor in it will hold it in. If I shut the unit off and kick it back on it works fine. Last time this happened I changed the transformer from 40 va to 75. It worked fine for about a month. I know im going to have to go back. I checked the voltage at the transformer and I had 25 volts. Sorry no model num fellas. I'll get it next time.
    If you have a a CLO the unit is probably locked out like others said and when you push the contactor in you basically reset it, same as cycling power. There is an output on the CLO that will have power when it is locked out, I forget what terminal it is. What was the voltage at the coil before pushing the contactor in and after?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    If you have a a CLO the unit is probably locked out like others said and when you push the contactor in you basically reset it, same as cycling power. There is an output on the CLO that will have power when it is locked out, I forget what terminal it is. What was the voltage at the coil before pushing the contactor in and after?
    X and C will have 24 volts if a CLO is locked out.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Model 48hjd008u-k54d
    Serial 63aq-200-501ga

I'm back out with the same issue. I have nothing at my contactors as far as control voltage goes. Condensor fans are running along with blower but compressors are not. If I push the contacts in they will run again. Need some help guys!

Also, I have nothing at x and c.

Are checking x and c on the clo or on the terminal strip?

I would be jumping that clo out and putting tattle tales on all the safety switches to see what is tripping.

One more thing I believe carrier breaks the common side with a freeze stat on those models. Seen a few go bad and others that were tripping for a reason.

I would just replace it and see what happens.... Or jump it out and see if you get a call for a iced up coil in a few weeks. At least then you'll know what it is.

Yea the freeze stat does break the common. I think that's the only safety that could lock out both compressors. I bi-passed it for now to see if that's it. I changed the belt also. I think it had plenty of airflow but just in case. I rechecked the clo board and I was reading 24 on c and x. I guess my meter was messing with me the first time. I'm goin to NYC for a few days and I'll check it when I return. Thanks guys I'll keep y'all updated.

[QUOTE=Dchappa21;13859211]Are checking x and c on the clo or on the terminal strip?

Never mind I think there the same terminals on the clo as the terminal strip.

You fixed it when you jumped out freeze stat. I had same problem on walgreen carriers. Will drive you crazy.

I hope so man. That was a real hair puller.

Does Walgreens has its own EMS group? their units have premierlink controls and 10k space sensors, store staff dont know who supervises the system.

just for giggles,, check to see if you have any voltage at any other terminals. I would also check the CLO. I had a carrier that did something similiar and it turend out to be a bad tstat wire that was slightly shedding voltage. Would cause the contactor to act a fool and it would not take long till the unit locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Does Walgreens has its own EMS group? their units have premierlink controls and 10k space sensors, store staff dont know who supervises the system.
    I can only speak for the market we work in -- but PremierLink has been abandoned. The new EMS company is Gridpoint -- great to work with when you do get their roll out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast