Hydronics 3-Way Valve Port Identification ABC

I have an old system where the ports are labelled A,B,C. Which port is the common port? I am familiar with A,B and AB but need to identify this valve so I can replace the actuator. The actuator is a Powers M/N 598-028 and I can not seem to find a cross. Belimo can supply an actuator if I can give them enough info. I will also need to replace the controller as it is a Johnson M/N TC-4100-31 operating on 24 volts with a 0-18 vdc signal. Does anyone know of a company who could provide a cross reference for these parts?

Can you not look at the piping and tell which port is which from the direction of flow???

Old POWERS 598-028 is now SIEMENS 271-03004

That # should be 598-0028 and the old POWERS valves identified their ports with U B C , stem down flow C to U with B ( bottom )closed stem up flow B to C and U closed U is same as A on other brands

Do you know what type of valve it is? Is it a mixing valve or diverting valve. What is the application, such as for steam use, hot water, or chilled water.

Here is something from Schneider.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the input so far. I suspect the valve to be a mixing valve. This system was installed in the early 60's. It originally had Barber-Coleman controls. The controller was still mounted but disconnected before my time. The valve itself looks original with the following numbers that were difficult to read A-620-1-? , 411C-1, 3 105 The ports are clearly embossed A,B and C. This is a hot water heating system feeding a heat exchanger with a glycol loop for the main air handler. The A port is connected to the inlet of the heat exchanger. The B port is fed by the supply header from the boiler. Water comes out of the heat exchanger and passes through a pump, then is teed to C port and back to boiler return header. The bottom of the T is the B port. The Actuator and Controller were replaced about 25 years ago I estimate. The signal from the Johnson board was modulating 5-18 vdc when I was adjusting setpoint. Would this be compatible with the Siemens Actuator? Thanks Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    That # should be 598-0028 and the old POWERS valves identified their ports with U B C , stem down flow C to U with B ( bottom )closed stem up flow B to C and U closed U is same as A on other brands
    Thanks, Control man, I'll take that for future use.
    "Iron sharpeneth iron..."