Supply plenum question

Hello I am getting my original York heat pump replaced with an Amer. Standard and TAM7 air handler. The York air handler has a side return but the TAM7 will have its return on the bottom so it will be raised off the floor. The HVAC contractor came out but did not take any measurements inside with the duct work. The air handler is in the basement. I am concerned that the supply plenum with be sub par. Should I be concerned or will they fabricate the supply plenum onsite to fit correctly. I have attached some pictures of the current set up. The return is out of the top of the York air handler. The York supply opening is roughly 14x14 and the TAM7 is roughly 14x18. How should it be attached correctly to the duct work?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Usually the indoor air handler is raised and installed on top of a return base. I'm sure the installing contractor noticed your need for a RA base. Unless you hired a 2nd cousin's brother in law who is just starting out,,,,,just make sure you're hiring an experienced, licensed, and insured contractor and they'll take care of you!

Yes, per the HVAC contractor the raised return base will installed. It's the supply connection to my existing duct work that has me concerned.

They'll field fabricate an adapter. Fairly common and simple as you have ductboard ductwork.

OK thanks. That makes me feel better. I guess that's why they did not need any duct measurements since it sounds like this is quite simple for a pro.

How old is the original unit?

Because for all those out there who have concerns about fiber glass ductboard, here is a job that looks like a wall of pride job.

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to state the obvious!!!!!
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

The duct work was done in 1993 when the home was built. I will post pictures after the old York is out and the new Amer Std is in. Should be soon.