Frosty copper tubing?

A warehouse/shop that came with the house I just got. The back rooms have one a/c(24k btu) and the two main rooms share a 42k btu a/c. The 24k I workin fine, but the 42k is not cooling or blowing any air. Both outdoor units are running and both indoor units are apparently running. The indoor unit for the 42k btu has a large copper tubing coming out of it that is frosty and freezing to the touch(this is the unit that is not working). What does this mean? Needs to be recharged?

Thank you, and sorry for being a/c handicap and not knowing the terms.

No air flow out of the 42k. After running the 24k for a few hours the air flow slowed significantly and the larger copper tubing coming from the unit got extremely frosty as well.the last time I was here (about a week ago) they both worked to heat the building, but I did not check the cooling abilities until now.

Any ideas?

mwright

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamorg13 View Post
    Any ideas?
    Change the filter ,turn the thermostat to off and the fan to on and wait about a hour and see if air starts flowing out. If the filters are clogged that could be your problem if they are not call a service company

Frost on the pipe/coil comes from either lack of air flow or low on refrigerant. AC's are sealed systems so if it's low on charge then you have a leak.